VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VAMC APPOINTMENTS BEING CANCELED?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone been having problems with the VA Clinics cancelling your future out appointments?

I have had 2 appointments schedule out for next year  FORmy PCP REGULAR CHECK UP and I need to have some issues addressed and lab work done,  and they just cancelled this appointment and sited no reason?

I mention this to my MH Dr during a VCC Appointments last thursday and she said for me to instant message my PCP and ask why this appointment has been canceled  because you need to keep this appointment for some medical issues that have came up and you need to check on your existing medical condition you are being treated for.

I sent my V A PCP an instant message on Myhealthvet  and here is the response I got back

*Notice* it says that on replies it may not be the person you sent this message to that sends back a reply*""

Here is the reply I got back  \ not sign by anyone

''Please feel free to call your # clinic for a telephone appointment''

Unfortunately this was the only reply I got back it was not sign by anyone.

I replied back and said  excuse me but I need to see a In -person Dr for medical issues I have  & new ones that have came up ...as I understand the VAMC is or has open back up , maybe not to full capacity but the Dr's or seeing patients now, and I totally understand the cautious period that the VA is taking to help protect all veterans as well as the staff and Dr's at the VAMC  I certainly understand that!

& please note this is not an emergency , but may/could turn into one if not seen in a timely matter  please  advise.

Thank You.

sign veteran john doe  and put my last 4 # s ****

I think that you are doing the right thing by messaging your primary care. You have that paper trail as to your cancelled appointment. 

The VA can say that you are a no show on your appointment and will try to use it against you. Being that you messages your primary care, everything is on record.  Good Job

Due to COVID, the allergy clinic canceled all allergy injections from March to May and I had to have my appointment with the allergist via telephone. They have since started back with the injections but they have spread the appointment times so there is only one person in the office at a time. 

My dental and optometry appointments were also canceled. They have started back up with the dental exams but I'm not sure about optometry. I don't see a PCP there anymore so I'm not sure about them.  

@deedub75 How did you receive the cancellation? was it by mail, on my healthevet?  The thing is that the VA will make it look like that you have cancelled the appointment which isn't the case. Like I have stated before, inquire by messaging your team as to why your appointment was cancelled so that it will not be held against you.

2 minutes ago, AllTheWay said:

@deedub75 How did you receive the cancellation? was it by mail, on my healthevet?  The thing is that the VA will make it look like that you have cancelled the appointment which isn't the case. Like I have stated before, inquire by messaging your team as to why your appointment was cancelled so that it will not be held against you.

They called me and canceled each one.