VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T But Code Sheet (and VSO and VA phone rep) Indicated I have a Re Eval Scheduled

Rate this question

USAF K9

Question

I was awarded 100% PT for several issues about a year ago. My code sheet (from my FOIA request and confirmed verbally by my VSO, and then by a VA phone rep) indicates that everything rating is 'static' except for my back issue(40%) and radiculopothy for both legs (20% each). Those two items are listed with a re eval scheduled for about 8 mos from now. I am confused how I am P&T but still having to do a Re eval. To make things more confusing I am 100% static for mental health stuff. Even if the reduced my back I would still be 100% for MH stuff alone. 

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, GBArmy said:

USAF K9 We realize that you have anxiety; just can't help it. We get it. But if you're 100% P&T, that's all she wrote! Good to go. The only thing I would say though is if you get a letter to go for a re-exam, you can challenge but be sure that you go, even if you are P&T. That goes for anyone who receive a notice to go to an exam. You're requesting clarification via IRIS anyway. Don't worry.

I definitely will.  Thanks.  I know, they can do 100 things wrong and nothing happens.  But, as soon as we do one thing wrong (like not show up to an appointment), we get bumped down to zero. 

3 hours ago, El Train said:

Only thing I would worry about if I were you, is losing SMC-S.  You do have that, right?

I do.  Thanks for checking.  They did it automatically.  I am not as worried about losing the money from SMC-S as I would be that it implies that they are hacking away at my ratings that provide my buffer above the 100%.  For me, the further I am past the 100%, the more stable things feel.  I had to medically retire because of this stuff, so I now have to depend on the VA.  So, I get antsy about this stuff.  Thanks for your reply!

There are 2 enemies of FEAR (this includes fear of being reduced).  They are:

1.  Knowledge.  VA has to jump through these hoops to reduce you.  Its a very high hoop to jump through. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.344

2.  Faith.   I use a combination of these, and dont worry about reductions, even tho VA has done a proposed reduction on me twice.  (Both were meaningless "dependent" proposed reductions.  I mean, gee, its not that difficult to show how many dependents you have.  Its on your tax form.  I can't believe VA TWICE suggested I was no longer married.   I had my wife sign a 21-4138 stating that we were still married and living together as man and wife.  What a bunch of boneheads!)  The VA quashed my proposed reductions right away, after I responded.