VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HLR since pandemic

Rate this question

flynsolo2

Question

******UPDATE---4-13-2021*******

I received my decision letter for my duty to assist (although I never did receive a full explanation on why a duty to assist was flagged or what basis and I think I never will)...they note that from my C&P exam, my symptoms are:  pyrosis (heatburn and/or reflux), regurgitation, substernal pain and vomiting, and the decision is to continue my GERD rating at 10%. I don't know what else to do here. Shouldn't I be rated at least 30%, if not 60%? I mean, there are times, (as I told the C&P examiner), that I have had to come home from work to take medicine or reschedule a meeting during a flare-up because, ya know, belching etc., isn't professional. My examiner wanted to hear none of it. Did not even look at my file when I tried to show him all the documentation that this has been going on for such a long time. Now, a week later, I get a decision letter that it is to be continued at 10%....Any suggestions? Should I do a CUE at this point?.... 

***NEW UPDATE-April 3, 2021

Okay, so I received a letter about the duty to assist for my GERD claim, and scheduled a C&P. My file online for disability claims also updated to show the GERD claim. I went to my C&P exam this past Wednesday, where the claims guy went over the whole sheet about my symptoms and whatever for my GERD. Then, on Thursday, it updated on my disabilities page-except now it says PTSD claim? Same thing yesterday, it says, "what you've claimed-PSTD, claim received March 31st (when I had my C&P exam". Who do I contact about this error? OR do I wait for them to catch it? It still says it today (obviously, since the VA is closed). But, all the way up to this point, it HAD said GERD. It also has listed my GERD files stuff under the files section of the claim.......

*****NEW EDIT AS OF FEB. 14th....

Okay, it says that the HLR review was completed on Jan. 28th. I STILL have not received a letter, and on Monday, the 15th, it will be three weeks. The rating looks to be the same on my e-file, but, when I called the VSO on Friday to see if he could see anything on his end of what the VA said about the HLR, he said that my file showed nothing-not the claim or my disability percent(s), or the HLR. Anyone else run into issues with HLR decisions and taking longer than the 10 days to receive your decision letter? I would like to know why I was denied (I am assuming I was, since the percent is the same)...

Thanks everyone!!

Good Afternoon,

I know the time frame for a HLR is normally about 4 months (they state on their website 125 days), however, I am wondering if anyone has filed a HLR since they opened up the VA more in August? Just wondering if there is a huge backlog now. I have mine just sitting there since September, and no status change, even though I was thinking it would be until January, but, as most others have said, still checking often to see if there has been any updates!

Thanks!!!

Edited by flynsolo2

Just got the actual requested call with the reviewer on my HLR filed back in July.  That should give others some sort-of timeline on how long they're taking to get to these.  She seemed pretty confident that I'll get the higher rating because it's literally based on math  (x amount of pills represented in the prescriptions submitted / 3 times per day / 7 days = 8 + weeks).  She said as long as she finds the prescriptions to be what I explained; it should be a no brainer.....we shall see....

Okay, today my status went from HLR reviewer looking at your case to closed. Unfortunately, I do not show any difference in my disabilities or benefits (or on generated disability letters). When I look on my disabilities page, my GERD % is still the same. I don't know how long it takes to update, since last night it was still pending, but, I don't know WHY I am still rated at 10% for GERD when on my last exam (that was submitted as evidence) checked off most boxes for the MINIMUM for 30%.

All that aside, it said they received the HLR on Sept. 18th, and was closed today, Jan. 31, for those who were wondering how long HLR were taking now, during the pandemic.....