VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Do I have to wait

Rate this question

AllTheWay

Question

Greetings Hadit family,

2018 filed a claim for Cervical and Lumbar strain. and a few others. Denied of course. I did have have a diagnosis and event/injury during my 21 years of active duty.

My rep filed a nod July 2018.

NOD denied.

Got a SOC in august 2018

My rep (Lawyer) sent SOC

Was notified the VA reecevied it. Got a docket.

its almost 2021, I have not heard a thing.  It is still open but the line isn't moving.

I am not getting any younger. How long do I have to wait?

6 answers to this question

This might help a little to give you some sort of time frame. My docket date is Nov2017 and I have my virtual hearing this Nov on the 20th. That puts me at exactly three year from docket date to hearing, now how long after hearing "who the hell knows". I would just go with exactly three years from your docket date and cross fingers. On VA.gov it still shows 60,195 appeals ahead of me and that they are working on AUG2017 docket, so the VA.gov is bullcrap to try and go off of. Hope it gives some insight. 

I do thank your help about the time frame. What I don't understand is that a co-worker (Vet) filed around the same time. We have been pretty much on the same timeline as far as our claim. Even had c&p exams on the same day.  Pretty much close to the same position in line. Even have the same attorney. That Vet which I know for a fact had already had the Vets review and has been in front of the VBA. That Vets case is granted and closed. I am still in the back of the bus for some reason. I feel flim flammed. 

Some times we just have to accept that the world is "not fair", and VA is no different.  In fact, the VA is unfairer than most "not fair's".  

I applied in 2002, and the VA "didnt even bother" to adjuticate TDIU until 2009.  Seven years to the initial decision.  (Oh, well, they "forgot" to adjuticate TDIU).  

Now, People tell ME, "its not fair" that I get 100 percent plus SMC S, plus my meds cost zero, and my wife has the best heatlh insurance money cant buy.  Not to mention I dont have to pay for license plate, drivers license, sales tax is free at the BX, I got 10,000 free life insurance, and the VA sent me to college and paid for my education.  

I tell them to go serve your country, get injured, be hard of hearing and not be able to understand movies, tv, phone calls or  grand kids.   Then break your leg, get a replacement knee, and have difficulty getting in and out of your car.  Oh, and I forgot.  Depression.  That is about as much fun as a root canal.  

So, no, life isnt fair, but we have to "play the hand we are dealt", and make the most of what we have.  

Even tho, it took 18 years, my life is pretty good now.  Maybe you can get yours done in half that time, or even 5 years or less.  

you are one of the blessed one Bronco. I have served 21 years of active duty, jumped out of planes and repelled out of helicopters. Did a special assignment that not many have done which is go into North Korea to recover remains from the Korean War. Fought Desert Shield, Storm and Calm, Fought in OIF, OEF, served as a Drill Sergeant for 3 years and as a 1sg for some years. Did a lot for my country and abused my body to please my country. I am paying taxes, I do not get free license or plates. I pay for my health insurance. I do have a blue ID card, atleast I can go to the PX and Commissary. Whoopee. 

On 10/29/2020 at 3:21 PM, AllTheWay said:

you are one of the blessed one Bronco. I have served 21 years of active duty, jumped out of planes and repelled out of helicopters. Did a special assignment that not many have done which is go into North Korea to recover remains from the Korean War. Fought Desert Shield, Storm and Calm, Fought in OIF, OEF, served as a Drill Sergeant for 3 years and as a 1sg for some years. Did a lot for my country and abused my body to please my country. I am paying taxes, I do not get free license or plates. I pay for my health insurance. I do have a blue ID card, atleast I can go to the PX and Commissary. Whoopee. 

No...that was YOUR career. You are now retired from 21 years of AD. Now enjoy it. I know I can't wait until next year and take a vacation, once the covid vaccine is released in Dec, Jan2021.