VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Wise Guy

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wise Guy I don't know about easiest or hardest claims to file for in SMC's. If you have the conditions and have been diagnosed, and meet the rating criteria, the VA should be awarding them without the veteran asking for them. Bottom line, if you meet the criteria for any of the SMC's you not in very good shape and certainly should get all you deserve. SMC (s) might be the most common one however. See this article https://cck-law.com/blog/newsspecial-monthly-compensation-series-smcs/ 

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlos I would think you are correct. Send a IRIS request on why the discrepancy, and if he has to submit a HLR or anything to get it rolling. Be polite and check the numbers to be sure the $110 isn't included in his monthly payment first.

Why is the friend so concerned with SMC claim? What is the friends total and combined percentage? I may be wrong and others can feel free but I think that the friend should concentrate on the secondary claims. Even if the friend is already at a 100%. Most vets stop claims when they get to a 100% p&t. Why not keep doing claims and try to maximize it. even secondary's. The vet may have a better chance for applying for more smc's. jmho.

SMC normally means "loss of use".  Loss of use of hands, eyes, feet, etc. etc.  Two exceptions are SMC L (Aid and Attendance) and SMC S (housebound).  Pretty much, unless he has loss of use of body part(s), needs someone to help him (A and A) or housebound, you are pretty much out of luck with SMC.  If your friend told us "which stuff on him" does not work, we could better tell him which SMC to apply for.  

If you have a single 100 percent disability AND additional combined 60 percent, seperate and distinct, then you can get statutory SMC S.