VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSI question 100% T&P TDIU

Rate this question

anayafather

Question

I just had my appeals hearing with my ALJ I presented her that I am 100% TDIU PTSD 70 Back 40.  I have a caregiver as well as my mental health doctor who wrote her opinion that I cannot maintain employment. What are my chances for a favorable decision. Thanks in advance

Edited by anayafather

• HadIt.com Elder

Sad story Buck. We need legislation change for SS. The look back period is arbitrary. If you apply and can be granted if your earning credits were 9 years out you can win, but 10 years and you don't qualify, how does that make sense? It should be based on work credits, not time. Doesn't make sense and they should fix the regulations. Period.

You should get it.  I have been on hadit since 2007, and I know of "no" Vets who were awarded 100 percent at VA to get denied at social security.  

I say you have a 99 percent chance to win.  I got my social security disability  before (way before!) I got VA 100 percent. 

Edited by broncovet

25 minutes ago, broncovet said:

You should get it.  I have been on hadit since 2007, and I know of "no" Vets who were awarded 100 percent at VA to get denied at social security.  

I say you have a 99 percent chance to win.  I got my social security disability  before (way before!) I got VA 100 percent. 

Thank you! really appreciate it

• HadIt.com Elder

Back in 2002 I was Awarded TDIU IU P&T and filed for SSDI TOOK MY AWARD LETTER TO SSA and was denied 3 times  and got a letter from the SSA and said I had no work credits within the last 10 years.and never qualified for SSDI .....and if I had fought them on it all I would get was about 400.00 dollars month  so OPT out and took the retirement package at age 62  I WAS 51 AT THE TIME  SO HAD TO WAIT 11 YEARS TO GET THE RETIREMENT  I HAD WORKED 30 YEARS PRIOR TO MY IU BUT THE LAST 10 YEARS 12 YEARS i NEVER WORKED A JOB WHERE YOU REPORT YOUR SS#  I MOWED YARDS CLEAN YARDS ,SOLD ALUMINUM CANS AND DID THE BEST i COULD TO HELP MAKE ENDS MEET BACK THEN  MY SPOUSE CARRIED THE LOAD FOR US  WHICH MADE ME FEEL LIKE A SACK OF SHI** 

Edited by Buck52

On 11/2/2020 at 4:17 PM, broncovet said:

I got denied SSDI and I'm 100% total and permanent since 2009. They took something I said out of context during a therapy session. The therapist has since clarified but when I tried to file another appeal they told me I couldn't. This was about 10 years ago now. Never bothered to try again.