VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ERROR CODE ON EBEN EVSS_10021

Rate this question

Bubble Head

Question

I have been waiting for a little more then two years for a claim to be worked and decided.  My last command lost my initial paperwork without my knowledge and fired the person who lost it.  Now I had to resubmit back in April and all my C&P Exams have been complete for some time with no further appointments scheduled or outstanding.  I am now receiving an error code EVSS_10021 on e benefits for my claim.  Does anyone have any idea what this means.  I can't view, submit, see any part of my claim currently.  Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

You have some choices; pick from below:

1.  Call up ebenefits tech support, and try to figure out errors in ebenefits, which will likely lead to one of the following alternatives.    

2.  Send your claim via the mail, and get, this time, return receipt requested so this one wont be lost also.  

3.  Try ebenefits again, many times you try it later and it works.  

4.  Contact a local VSO to help you.  

In all cases, follow up to make sure the VA didnt delete, lose, or misfile your claim and that its in processing.  

Man I pray to the Lord on high they didnt lose or delete anything.  I'm so frustrated with this entire process that I'll be leaving it where It is and contacting my congressman and the media.  This is just ridiculous now.  But hey thanks for the information

Yes, its unfortunate that VA loses/deletes/misfiles your evidence.  My advice is that, when you resubmit, "bullet proof" your later appeal.  In other words "make reference" to your previous claim that VA lost, to give credibility to your position that you should get the effective date 2 years ago, when you first filed.  Example:

"This is a resubmission of a claim dated mm-dd-yy which was apparently lost in the system."

While I can not promise "this will work", it may, especially if you have supporting evidence.  

Eventually, it might.  

Source:  I submitted a claim in 2002, "along with" an email to my VSO explaining I was out of work and unable to get a job.  (Prior to 2015, informal claims were permitted and, by declaring Im out of work, this has been known to declare your intent to file for TDIU)  

(The letter to my VSO was lost, and not contained in my cfile).  However, I kept a copy, had my VSO write a 21-4138 explaining that email was included in my application packet.  Further, I kept copies of my repeated requests for a "status" of my TDIU claim issue.  

After multiple multiple battles, including 3 trips to the CAVC and about 5 BVA decisions, I won my 2002 effective date after 18 years.  (But not until I became homeless because of no income in 2005).  

In October, 2008, the VAOIG did random inspections on multiple VARO's shred bin.  In every case, they found multiple evidenciary documents needed for the Veteran to complete his claim.  VASEC (Peake) said this was terrible, and permitted Veterans an "18 month window" in which to resubmit documents and have them be accepted.  While I resumbitted my evidence "in that 18 month window", the shredded documents were prior to that and not accepted.  

I did not give up.  The VA made me mad making me homeless with delays, and I chaneled that anger into persistence and determination, I would get my benefits (and replace the home I lost).  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
17 hours ago, Bubble Head said:

I have been waiting for a little more then two years for a claim to be worked and decided.  My last command lost my initial paperwork without my knowledge and fired the person who lost it.  Now I had to resubmit back in April and all my C&P Exams have been complete for some time with no further appointments scheduled or outstanding.  I am now receiving an error code EVSS_10021 on e benefits for my claim.  Does anyone have any idea what this means.  I can't view, submit, see any part of my claim currently.  Thanks in advance.

EVSS is Enterprise Veterans Self Service portal. Which includes ebenefits. This is a site error. Meaning there is something wrong and someone is likely working on it.

3 hours ago, broncovet said:

Yes, its unfortunate that VA loses/deletes/misfiles your evidence.  My advice is that, when you resubmit, "bullet proof" your later appeal.  In other words "make reference" to your previous claim that VA lost, to give credibility to your position that you should get the effective date 2 years ago, when you first filed.  Example:

"This is a resubmission of a claim dated mm-dd-yy which was apparently lost in the system."

While I can not promise "this will work", it may, especially if you have supporting evidence.  

Eventually, it might.  

Source:  I submitted a claim in 2002, "along with" an email to my VSO explaining I was out of work and unable to get a job.  (Prior to 2015, informal claims were permitted and, by declaring Im out of work, this has been known to declare your intent to file for TDIU)  

(The letter to my VSO was lost, and not contained in my cfile).  However, I kept a copy, had my VSO write a 21-4138 explaining that email was included in my application packet.  Further, I kept copies of my repeated requests for a "status" of my TDIU claim issue.  

After multiple multiple battles, including 3 trips to the CAVC and about 5 BVA decisions, I won my 2002 effective date after 18 years.  (But not until I became homeless because of no income in 2005).  

In October, 2008, the VAOIG did random inspections on multiple VARO's shred bin.  In every case, they found multiple evidenciary documents needed for the Veteran to complete his claim.  VASEC (Peake) said this was terrible, and permitted Veterans an "18 month window" in which to resubmit documents and have them be accepted.  While I resumbitted my evidence "in that 18 month window", the shredded documents were prior to that and not accepted.  

I did not give up.  The VA made me mad making me homeless with delays, and I chaneled that anger into persistence and determination, I would get my benefits (and replace the home I lost).  

Bronco, wow I would say that is/was unbelievable, but I can see that we have traveled down some of the same roads with VA. I knew we had kindred spirits. From one human being to another I am deeply sorry that you had to go through what you did but I can really relate to your hardships and appreciate your testimony. I am currently going through a similar situation, but VA did not shred my evidence they just denied it and called it not well grounded (NWG). It took BVA and CVAC fifteen (15) years to correct and finally grant my service connection only to come back to the local VARO for them to low ball my rating. It was granted then increased then reduced after I asked for an EED without a proposal letter and then restored. Now my claim is heading back to BVA for my final rating. The local VARO still refuse to grant my higher rating even after BVA granted me an un-adjudicated effective date which put my claim in a continuous pursuit. These situations cannot be that isolated. Unfortunately we have lost some fellow veterans that have past away and gone to the other side, some veterans like us decided to fight back, and some just gave up and who knows of what their situation is now. It is beyond any normal conception and understanding.

I honestly believe that the VA overlooks this and or ignore this. I will not accuse anyone of holding out for bonuses or any other unseen or hidden benefits, but I honestly believe something is wrong/off. VA hires more and more personnel to process veteran’s claims and pay them a higher salary per year then they pay veteran’s benefits. This to me is horrible. We veterans suffer from unknown ills and hardships while it appears that the VA is just playing, how many will appeal and how many will just give up? Can we really get away with this? It is our regulation, and we can do whatever we want, and we can blow smoke up any congressman’s or representative’s arse  and they have no idea of what we can do.  If you disagree with your effective dates you will have to file an appeal. Even if your claim has come back from BVA and the local VARO has just rated your disability, you will still have to file a new appeal. Yes, it can go on and on for years. You know the old saying, deny , deny ,deny, until the veteran die. Well that saying can be true.  We must fight while we have the mindset and the energy to get our benefits.

P. S. IMHO (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION) I would not use the word resubmission I would use a word like correction. This is a correction to the form I submitted on mm/dd/yy which was apparently lost. I know they are just words but resubmission to me means filing a new claim versus correction meaning to correct something I already submitted.