VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How long is it taking to get notification after C&P?

Rate this question

gabwp

Question

Hello all,

I had my C&P virtually yesterday for my new claim of PTSD.  I was just wondering what the average turn around is these days?  Last year, I had a decision on increasing my ratings in four days.  I'm sure it will not be that fast, but when should I go into and obsessively start hitting refresh? 

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Was it done at VA hospital or a third party??? Third party C&P exams are tricky time frames. VA hospital exams are done the next day from my experience.  I had one done at VA hospital following week had a decision. Third party did one of mine and took three weeks.  Another third party din one and it took two days. Just my experience. 

Be sure to login to Ebenefits to see if they already awarded or denied your case. VA.gov doesn't show the disability increase/decreases by percentage and disability like Ebenefits does. If you see an increase then you know it was approved and vice versa.

As for the time after C&P exam to decision. Well, I placed a claim in late Feb 2020. Due to COVID the C&P was pushed all the way into August. Though, 2 days after my C&P they made their decision. I hit the magical 100%. I knew it would because, I have lost 50% of strength in my right hand so it bumped my carpel tunnel from 30% to 50% which, was all I needed to hit the 100%.

I hope you see a quick result like I did.

Also, I am located in Maine. Togus VA is AMAZING and my C&P was done by a 3rd party which, has been nothing but awesomeness.