• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

126%
    $1,903.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Question

Submitted a claim for I/U had three C&P exams back in the beginning of September and now waiting (as usual).  Each week the VA keeps requesting more forms from me via VA.GOV and ebenefits , 4192, 4142 and 4142a, medical records from providers dates and addresses.  I submitted all these requesting documents when I submitted the FDC claim (over 100 pages) The VA has all the same documents . VSO even questioned the requests.   Question I have is why request the information that I already submitted and filled out properly and they have copies???  Will they see after I submitted duplicated documents it's  creating a  cluster of papers???  I haven't called Peggy in awhile but they read a script and they cannot answer requests when you call these days. I'm in no hurry as usual and very patient when submitting claims and appeals. 

• Like 1
  • Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

USMCNEVERFORGET I would just resubmit everything, and move on. You're dealing with the bureaucratic nightmare we call the VA. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Stupid? Yes; but why

Thanks I already did the resubmittal.  Moving on as you said.  Some VA claims are on spot then others are a cluster.  Nothing ever is consistent with the VA except you know it's going to go bad at som

Submitted a claim for I/U had three C&P exams back in the beginning of September and now waiting (as usual).  Each week the VA keeps requesting more forms from me via VA.GOV and ebenefits , 4192,

4 answers to this question

USMCNEVERFORGET I would just resubmit everything, and move on. You're dealing with the bureaucratic nightmare we call the VA. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Stupid? Yes; but why fight the impossible. Just reference the new request and provide copies of your previous submittals. Sur it's frustrating; but just do what you gotta do to move the pile. Best of luck.

• Like 3

The only thing I have to add is:

Send your resubmittals by certified mail, return receipt requested, and keep copies. 

Reason:  "If" the VA can lose your documents once, do you think they can not lose them again?  

I have had to submit documents multiple, multiple times.  

• Like 1

Today it shows OCT 29th VA received your information. Two weeks later??? Movement is good.  I always use a VSO for all claims so I haven't had any issues with VA getting my records in the past.  Just a duplicate request this time. That's reason for question.  The claim actually moved at warp speed this time as opposed to past claims.  Past claims had C&P exam then within a week or two had a decision.  Had a C&P exam on a Monday once and on Friday had decision.  Fast.  I can say the process has been faster in past 5 years than prior years.  Thanks for responding. I usually check up on a Monday and Friday.  I like surprises.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By cwatson
      In 2012 the Department of Education granted my T&P Disability Claim. I notified the VA. In 2014 the VA sent me a letter to inform me that had attempted to receive a response from the SSA of my SSDI in August deliberately waiting until August when the SSA had reclassified me at 67 as retired. Fortunately I had a copy of the SSA/SSDI letter dated 2012. All of this was for my TDIU claim.
      I notified Congress and they confirmed that the VA had received a 2012 SSA of my SSDI status. 

Now 2019 came and has gone and the VA still is telling me that my TDIU claim is still pending even though the VA has granted only my 100% mental and not my 90% physical rating as preventing me from working. The most recent 2020 VA documents does not list the SSA/SSDI letter. I am hiring an attorney because my patience has run out. 
    • By MileHigh
      If I were to get a job where  I was considered a Virtual Employee(with a big company) and Worked from my home. Is that considered a "sheltered environment"? Meaning would I get in trouble for working from home and make more than the poverty threshold?

Thank you Scott 

• By MO2VET
      So I was recently granted TDIU and noticed a large lump sum deposit into my DIRECT DEPOSIT on 9/16/2019. Well that account cannot hold large sums of money over $10,000 so I provided them with the new account information 9/17/2019. Well my award is STILL suspended and I'm frustrated and broke. I have two kids with one of them being 19months old.  I have no food and $40 to my name.  I'm two months behind on rent and my lights will be shut off in less than a week. Of course, the VA is taking their precious time to un-suspend my award.  Im calling everyone I can including the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to see if I can get it expedited. Anyone know of this or has went through this. What can I expect and any advice>  Thanks.
    • By Mrdbraggs
      CAN SOMEONE HELP ME MAKE SENSE OF THE RESULTS OF MY C&P EXAM FOR IU?
      LOCAL TITLE: COMP & PEN MENTAL HEALTH/PSYCHOLOGY EXAM STANDARD TITLE: PSYCHOLOGY C & P EXAMINATION CONSULT
      DATE OF NOTE: SEP 07, 2018@09:00 ENTRY DATE: SEP 10, 2018@13:29:26 
      AUTHOR: HILBORN,ROBERT S EXP COSIGNER: URGENCY: STATUS: COMPLETED 
      Mental Disorders
      (other than PTSD and Eating Disorders) 
      Disability Benefits Questionnaire Name of patient/Veteran: Derick 
      Is this DBQ being completed in conjunction with a VA 21-2507, C&P Examination 
      Request?
      [X] Yes [ ] No 
      SECTION I: ---------- 
      1. Diagnosis
      ------------
      a. Does the Veteran now have or has he/she ever been diagnosed with a mental 
      disorder(s)? [X] Yes [ ] No 
      ICD code: Bipolar I Disorder 
      If the Veteran currently has one or more mental disorders that conform to DSM-5 criteria, provide all diagnoses: 
      Mental Disorder Diagnosis #1: Bipolar I Disorder Comments, if any: 
      The Veteran is currently service connected at 70% for Bipolar Disorder. He was not diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder until after service, though he has several markers identified during service, including periods of  
      3. Occupational and social impairment -------------------------------------
      a. Which of the following best summarizes the Veteran's level of occupational
      and social impairment with regards to all mental diagnoses? (Check only one) 
      [X] Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking and/or mood 
      b. For the indicated occupational and social impairment, is it possible to differentiate which impairment is caused by each mental disorder?
      [ ] Yes [ ] No [X] Not Applicable (N/A) 
      3. Symptoms
      -----------
      For VA rating purposes, check all symptoms that actively apply to the Veteran's diagnoses: 
      [X] Depressed mood
      [X] Anxiety
      [X] Suspiciousness
      [X] Near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function 
      independently, appropriately and effectively
      [X] Chronic sleep impairment
      [X] Mild memory loss, such as forgetting names, directions or recent 
      events
      [X] Disturbances of motivation and mood
      [X] Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social 
      relationships
      [X] Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or a worklike setting  
      The veteran verbally consented to the exam and did not express any concerns. 
      The Veteran currently meets DSM-5 criteria for a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder that is more likely than not caused by or a result of his military service, given obvious markers for Bipolar Disorder during service, and no  reported mood symptoms or treatment thereof prior to service. His mood symptoms impact his ability to function effectively. As such, his current
      level of impairment is best described as, occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, and mood.
    • By abnrgr88
      Hello friends!  Quick question.....I am 90% overall and TDIU 100% with an appointment scheduled at the 1 year mark. Recently i have heard (through a VSO) that my wife and child are eligible for health care. Is this so??? thanks!
  • Ads

• Our picks

• I already get compensation for bladder cancer for Camp Lejeune Water issue, now that it is added to Agent Orange does it mean that the VA should pay me the difference between Camp Lejeune and 1992 when I retired from the Marine Corps or do I have to re-apply for it for Agent Orange, or will the VA look at at current cases already receiving bladder cancer compensation. I’m considered 100% Disabled Permanently 
      • 10 replies
    • 5,10, 20 Rule
      The 5, 10, 20 year rules...

Five Year Rule) If you have had the same rating for five or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless your condition has improved on a sustained basis. All the medical evidence, not just the reexamination report, must support the conclusion that your improvement is more than temporary.

Ten Year Rule) The 10 year rule is after 10 years, the service connection is protected from being dropped.

Twenty Year Rule) If your disability has been continuously rated at or above a certain rating level for 20 or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless it finds the rating was based on fraud. This is a very high standard and it's unlikely the rating would get reduced.

If you are 100% for 20 years (Either 100% schedular or 100% TDIU - Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability or IU), you are automatically Permanent & Total (P&T). And, that after 20 years the total disability (100% or IU) is protected from reduction for the remainder of the person's life. "M-21-1-IX.ii.2.1.j. When a P&T Disability Exists"

At 55, P&T (Permanent & Total) or a few other reasons the VBA will not initiate a review. Here is the graphic below for that. However if the Veteran files a new compensation claim or files for an increase, then it is YOU that initiated to possible review.

NOTE: Until a percentage is in place for 10 years, the service connection can be removed. After that, the service connection is protected.

------

Example for 2020 using the same disability rating

1998 - Initially Service Connected @ 10%

RESULT: Service Connection Protected in 2008

RESULT: 10% Protected from reduction in 2018 (20 years)

2020 - Service Connection Increased @ 30%

RESULT: 30% is Protected from reduction in 2040 (20 years)
      • 46 replies
    • Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines