• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Bva reconsideration

Question

Here is the bva reconsideration that the va lawyer are fighting the court over jurdistion to review.

Lawyer stated cavc doesn't have the right to review a chairman reconsideration because the decision was made after the bva decision.

I can't make this up 

So I guess there no reason for reconsideration and the chairman decision are not reviewable.

Wait for the court decision on just this smh

Look at the last part we're they stated they didn't adjudicated smc I r r1 and told me to reapply lol

U would lose all your cavc review on the issue if u reapply va games

IMG_20201112_123621868.jpg

IMG_20201112_123621868.jpg

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I think what broncovet meant to say but really didn't know how to say it..I'll give my 2 cents Yes you need an attorney to help you   especially help at the cavc, you do not need to represent you

The BVA "only has jurisdiction" over an issue when YOU, the Veteran gives it to him by filing a NOD.  You can not file a NOD on an issue that has not been decided.  So, no, the BVA "does not have juri

Posted Images

I think there may be something you may not understand about SMC.  SMC is "always inferred" when you meet the applicable criteria.  Many times the VA grants SMC without the Veteran applying for it.  This is way different than most claims, because you really can not get other benefits "until or unless" you apply.  

Its important to know this.  Why?  Because the "claim date" does not apply to your effective date.  Yes, you can still apply for SMC, but if awarded, it should be effective "the day when the facts showed you meet the criteria (such as housbound, needing aid and attendance, etc).  

You should also know, that you can still get Aid and Attendance "if a relative gives you the needed care".   Its not a requirement that you hire a "non relative" to get compensation for A and A.  Source:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.352  Read the last sentence in this regulation, item (c).  

If the va never inferred it would u have to apply.

Or are u say va doesn't make mistake.

Appeal are to be cretifed to the board to.

But mine sat for 10 yr without the regional office cretifing it.

So yes it is to be inferred so they why on the reconsideration it tell me to reapply for each.

And I get in home care provide by a company that the home maker program vha pay for not just anybody

That should inferred smc r r2 but I just got told to re apply for each

Now do u see the error

You asked, 

Appeal are to be cretifed to the board to

Not any more.  After Feb. 2019, the VA no longer "certifies" a claim to the BVA.  Yes, they probably sat on your claim 10 years and did not certify it.  Unfortuantely, the VA has "no time limits".  One Veteran posted on hadit that he got his benefits after 50 years.  

However, the CAVC has already ruled that "an error in DTA (duty to assist" is not CUE.  

To be CUE, an error has to be "outcome determinative".  So, the VA failing to send you a letter, for example, would not change the outcome, at least as far as the court is concerned.  

Like I said they never cretifed my appeal in 1993.

The va regional gave me tdiu 60 but never look at that my appeal was never cretifed.

It get to bva an it was found but they didn't give me the tdiu 60 back to 1993.

At the court they let them stage rate me 1993-2001 which I feel is wrong

A dro an appeal body made a decision on an appeal which was open. That make the pending appeal final but any way

It was remand an they grant extra schedulr tdiu from 1993-2001. So I let it go

So now that I am 25 year protect I am fighting for the smc that should been granted back than.

So yes the va makes mistake an lawyer make them to.

So I chose to fight with my 25 yrs of experience in my case an the Court now 

Got it expidate at cavc now the lawyers don't want to court to review the chairman reconsideration. I should be getting a ruling on this soon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By Mr cue
      Well yesterday the stay was lift on my case.
      I get to file my brief. 
      This will be the first time these va lawyers will have to answer my cases.
      The Court allowed me also to have the bva reconsideration. Put in the record also.
      The va lawyer try to tell the court they don't have jurdistion over bva reconsideration because they are made after the bva decision. Smh
      If that the case no need for bva reconsideration  it's stop the 120 day time to appeal to cavc so how is it not part of the appeal  process to cavc  to be reviewed
       Can wait to see what court rule on this.
      I am just venting again get my mind right
      my case is expidate so I got 20 days for my informal brief it's ready lol just go over it  and va got 20 day to reply than I got 7 to reply. Than off to judge.
      Boy I am nervous lol an I prepare for this for years smh
    • By cavscout1967
      Hello, I checked ebenefits and it said I received a GRANT from the CAVC for increased rating "anklyosis of the shoulder." I had appealed for depression and anxiety as well and they were not addressed on ebenefits so I am guessing it is still on remand at the BVA level. Ebenefits also stated that my remand would take 16-24 months. I am currently 60% with 10 for tinnitus, 20 for ankle, 20 for shoulder, 20 for shoulder radicupathy, 10 for knee. What does all this mean? if I am not providing the information needed for input I am happy to do that but at this time I dont know what else to provide you guys.
      Thank you.
    • By propp3
      A few years back read a CAVC cite that in effect said 'RO can't ignore request by C&P examiner for a test, diagnostics, they deem necessary'. Stupid me, I didn't write it down or if I did, I can't locate it now when I need it. Been googlin' but Google produces way too many hits to wade thru. Then I found this at the BVA appeals search page:
      “The Board notes that the Court of Veterans Appeals(COVA) has indicated that the VA cannot ignore requests for diagnostic studies suggested by its own physicians”
      The BVA docket # is 91-37 953, and I believe the year is 1995, that the Board remanded it back to the RO using the language above. So I'm not nuts...the BVA was referring to a CAVC(COVA back then) opinion.
      I just can't find that COVA case cite. Anyone have an idea?
      I'd like to use it in a CUE argument that'll probably get to the BVA sometime next year, late 2019 if I'm lucky, and I'm condensing/clarifying and adding clarity in preparation.
      Thanks
    • By asknod
      Finally- one of your very own members is accepted at the Court...
      https://asknod.org/2018/02/07/beyond-the-yellow-brick-road-road-trip/
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines