VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help in Virginia to Put Together Claim

Rate this question

Top G

Question

Residing in Virginia, I'm looking for help filing a new claim with various disabilities.  

I'm already receiving Service Connected disability, but with new health issues, I believe they are connected.  Already have all medical records.  Just need a reputable place to help me put this package together here in Virginia.

I've reached out to the DAV, but they are operating on a very limited time and it's been difficult for me to talk to anyone there.

4 hours ago, Top G said:

go with a VSO vice a attorney?

I don't think an attorney is going to help you fill out the forms for a claim. It is my understanding that an attorney can't collect any money from you unless they represent you in front of the BVA. I don't think you want to pay an attorney their hourly rate to help you fill out the claim form. You can lots of free help here.  

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, AllTheWay said:

Try this number. They should be able to help you. 910-467-7030

AllTheWay , please provide a name or rep or Organization for this #  Veterans need to know who their calling.

Thanks 

• HadIt.com Elder

Top G

Welcome to Hadit Brother,

If you need some help filing your ''new'' claims  just ask here on hadit what you need to do or need to know & how to do it ,I'm sure some of the members here will help you out.

The Basics is these 3 elements  

1. A current, diagnosed disability;

2. An in-service event, injury, or illness; and

3. A medical nexus between the current disability and the in-service event, injury, or illness

*Note* correct forms, good solid evidence favorable to what your claiming  and again it depends on what your filing for as for as using the correct forms . FOR A START.

Also you can file as many claims as you like, there is no limits on the  # of claims a veteran can file.

You can even file a ITF ''CLAIM WITHOUT ACTUALLY FILING THE CLAIM UNTIL A YEAR LATER  OR BEFROE I YEAR IS UP AND GET A BETTER EED AND MORE TIME TO GATHER EVIDENCE .

just be SURE  to mark your calendar or put it in your computer to remind you  before the year is up , say a few days before if you use snail mail , you need to think about that too  if it arrives to the VA on the end of the 12 month post mark at midnight they will reject it and say you were to late. so its very important not to forget to get your claim in before the year TIME LIMIT IS UP and allow time for it to get there.

INT -INTENT TO FILE

EED = EARILY EFFECTIVE DATE'

(Just my opinion )  Filing Electronically is the best & safest fast way to file,  file using the e benefits future on MyHealtheVet.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

ALSO DON'T FORGET ABOUT ANY SECONDARY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE TO FILE.

SECONDARY CLAIMS ARE CLAIMS TO AN ALREADY SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITY YOU HAVE

EXAMPLE =  IF YOUR SERVICE CONNECTED FOR PTSD  AND SOMETHING ELSE ARISES LATER ON  LIKE SLEEP APNEA WITH NESSESSARY MEDICALLY TO USE C-PAP MACHINE (50%),   &  PTSD/MEDICATIONS TAKEN CAN BE RELATED TO SLEEP APNEA OR THE CAUSE , SO IT CAN BE A SECONDARY CLAIM TO YOUR PTSD  ONCE ITS SERVICE CONNECTED AND A RATING GRANTED  IT TO BECOMES IN PART OF YOUR PTSD.

YOU WILL NEED A QUAILFIED DR TO GIVE HIS OPINION LIKE   IN THE EXAMPLE ABOVE.

HE WILL NEED TO ''USE '' IT IS LIKELY AS NOT'' RELATED TO YOUR PTSD.AND THIS IS TRUE FOR ANY CLLAIM   ITS JUST  THE BASICIS  AND VA LIKES IT.  🙄

14 hours ago, Buck52 said:

AllTheWay , please provide a name or rep or Organization for this #  Veterans need to know who their calling.

Thanks 

Not sure of her organization. I have not used this person but one of my buddies have just recently used her and he went from 90 to 100 p&t. Her name is Carmella George.