VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I/U Claim

Rate this question

cwatson

Question

In 2012 the Department of Education granted my T&P Disability Claim. I notified the VA. In 2014 the VA sent me a letter to inform me that had attempted to receive a response from the SSA of my SSDI in August deliberately waiting until August when the SSA had reclassified me at 67 as retired. Fortunately I had a copy of the SSA/SSDI letter dated 2012. All of this was for my TDIU claim.

I notified Congress and they confirmed that the VA had received a 2012 SSA of my SSDI status. 

Now 2019 came and has gone and the VA still is telling me that my TDIU claim is still pending even though the VA has granted only my 100% mental and not my 90% physical rating as preventing me from working. The most recent 2020 VA documents does not list the SSA/SSDI letter. I am hiring an attorney because my patience has run out. 

1 answer to this question

Welcome to hadit.  I split your post in to a new one, so that more people can see it.  Its better when you ask a question to start a new post.  

If the VA has "granted you 100 percent mental", well you should be at or near the maximum with VA.  

If you have 100 percent for mental, and "another" 90 percent for a physical disability, the only additional benefit you can get is SMC S.  (You can, however, get additional benefits (SMC) if you need "aid and attendance" or have loss of use of various body parts.  

SMC S is awarded when you have a "single" VA 100 percent disability plus another combined 60 percent "seperate and distinct".  

A SMC S (statuatory housbound) would give you another 350 or so per month.  If you have 100 percent plus 90 percent through VA, you can simply apply for SMC S, and they should award it..

There may be more that is going on tho.