VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Short note: It looks like I won, was told it is %100 P&T with special compensation added.

Rate this topic

retiredat44

I may have mistated the P&T. I am a little confused on why they chose 2012, when I filed for the pancreas in 2009, as I couldn't walk or do anything in 2008 when I was completely disabled and in a hospital bed 6 months.. The letter I downloaded says combined 100% with both service and non-service disabilities, but my paid gun said I would be getting p&T no more exams. Plus I got special compensation.

11-15-20_VA_Benefits_letter_blocked_Snap1.jpg

I guess some of it isn't in the letters, but in my account on ebenefits va stuff,, it said more. Anyways, thank you all. I have to figure out how to get my daughters education payment stuff figured out, not sure if they will fix it, retroactively or we have to go through more red-tape, as they were given updates every time she applied for a school and got a degree.  Unless they will get a computer flag saying it needs to be done. Which I doubt.

VA.gov and Ebenefits is notorious for being not accurate. I would suggest contacting your lawyer and have them fax or email you a copy of your decision.  Once you get a copy of your decision, I would then contact the  DEA CH 35 counselors.  The 1 800 should be able to give you their number.  Just make sure you have you award letter, and you know that VA has granted you P & T.

• HadIt.com Elder

Go back on e benefits. Look at other disabilities and click on the ones that are available. It should explain your SMC and other benefits.

I believe this is your BVA case:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp19/files12/19194307.txt

I was shocked to see ( I only searched 2018,2019,2020)  that 297 cases regarding necrotizing pancreatitis at the BVA.popped up in just 3 years.

You said :

I am a little confused on why they chose 2012, when I filed for the pancreas in 2009, "

Yeah that does not make sense at all to me, but I recall there was some hold back on the actual filing of the 1151 claim I wrote-from a vet rep or VSO  who didnt understand it ....will check my files-some of my files o back to 2008 regarding the claim...

Somewhere here at hadit  is the SOC they denied on- that would reveal the actual date they got the Necrotizing pancreatitis  claim.

I think this is why the 2012 date ????-the claim was "re-opened" I think ......from this thread-above 

I hope others will read this link below  to see if maybe they used the re-open date.

Sorry for doubles,I am in heavy fog with limited access.

If that is the case perhaps you could file a valid CUE on the initial necrotizing pancreatitis claim denial.

https://community.hadit.com/topic/69117-bva-sent-remand-back-to-regional-va-they-failed-to-follow-the-judges-directions/

Edited by Berta
cant edit heavy fog

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use