VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Combat eng

Question

I have hired an attorney and want to know if I or he can receive my file faster? Also has anyone went this route and what is about the average time line for an attorney to submit an appeal on your behalf? Thanks

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Email this Lady 

MaryAnn.Wentzel1@va. 

Not sure what her covid Social distancing is?  if she works from home or what,  if she does  it will be hard for you to receive your c-file  from any place you request it from , Due to covid most workers work from home and not where they have access your C-file?

it should be converted to CD DISK.

I emailed Mary Ann    and she got me my C-file  but that was 5 years ago.  but you might want to email her  she usually will respond to emails.

I agree with broken. have obtain a lawyer in 2018, Oct 2020, my lawyer had just gotten my file and the reason why is because she had to apply, get a background check, and finally was granted to access VA files.  Just depends.

6 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Email this Lady 

MaryAnn.Wentzel1@va. 

Not sure what her covid Social distancing is?  if she works from home or what,  if she does  it will be hard for you to receive your c-file  from any place you request it from , Due to covid most workers work from home and not where they have access your C-file?

it should be converted to CD DISK.

I emailed Mary Ann    and she got me my C-file  but that was 5 years ago.  but you might want to email her  she usually will respond to emails.

That email is obsolete. She must have retired or something.

I have a VA approved attorney (Rep for Vets, Harry Binder) out of Florida. 

In my experience, and it sounds similar to others, it can be difficult to get in touch with your paralegal that assists just due to their workload. My attorney can access my claims file from their computer from what I understand. As far as them giving you a a copy, I don't know if they can do that electronically. I believe they'd have to request it just they same. 

The attorney should work your case if they have a stake in it (usually 20% of retro). The best way to expedite your claim is to timely return any and all items requested by your attorney. I have been able to overnight return everything requested so far and that alone as sped along the work done on my case. 

As far as requesting it, I believe there is a thread around these forums which describes how to request it. I will see if I can find it and link here. I just got my CFILE after waiting about a year and having a congressional inquiry sent in. Once I did that, I had it 30 days later. A lot of the process is waiting, unfortunately.

Edited by Foxhound6
corrected attorney name

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah maybe  I have not emailed her in about 5 years now  Yeah she might have retired?  she been there a long time I think? Real Nice Lady.