• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

C&P exam records access

Question

After waiting many, many months for C&P exams for several disability rating increases and one new disability I went to a third party exam company, QTC Medical Group. Is there any way for me to get the results and notes from their "exams"? I believe there were omissions and errors that has resulted in the VA planning to cut my ratings and benefits in half. They also completely ignored the new disability filing

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Allan Eddy Well if you are really unhappy that there were inconsistencies in the exam, contact your RO and tell them why you believe your exam was in adequate and that you want a new one right away. W

Al Personally, I'd fire her but. She is feeding the same bs that the VA feeds the VSO when they "train" them.  Of course you have to have new evidence if you go for an increase. Duh. She is back peddl

Allan Eddy Well if you are really unhappy that there were inconsistencies in the exam, contact your RO and tell them why you believe your exam was in adequate and that you want a new one right away. Write down what was not asked or done depending on your disabilities and symptoms. They may have broken off your new disability claim and it is being evaluated separately, more than likely. Be specific in what they missed. For example, you went for an increase on your knee. The examiner didn't use a tool to examine your flex but just did a visual. You can't get a copy directly from the contractor. Once it is posted after 30 days, it is visable on VBMS for a VSO or lawyer to see. If you want to get a hard copy, you have to request your c-file or just the C&P exam by doing a FOIA request. Both actions will take months to do. Go to va.gov and look up the status of your claims. Or call Peggy and see if they didn't split them off; that is probably your situation as you have 2 types of claims.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Allan Eddy Well if you are really unhappy that there were inconsistencies in the exam, contact your RO and tell them why you believe your exam was in adequate and that you want a new one right away. Write down what was not asked or done depending on your disabilities and symptoms. They may have broken off your new disability claim and it is being evaluated separately, more than likely. Be specific in what they missed. For example, you went for an increase on your knee. The examiner didn't use a tool to examine your flex but just did a visual. You can't get a copy directly from the contractor. Once it is posted after 30 days, it is visable on VBMS for a VSO or lawyer to see. If you want to get a hard copy, you have to request your c-file or just the C&P exam by doing a FOIA request. Both actions will take months to do. Go to va.gov and look up the status of your claims. Or call Peggy and see if they didn't split them off; that is probably your situation as you have 2 types of claims.

Thanks! I don't know what an RO is or how to "call Peggy" but I guess I can google FOIA and see where that takes me. My VSO told me that "DBQs are NOT considered medical evidence by VA" so I am wondering why I spent so much time and effort getting four of those and NEXUS letters from my primary doctors.

RO=Regional Office Peggy is 1-800-827-1000 the general info number you can call for claims questions. Don't put a lot of stock in Peggy's timeliness or accuracy however.

DBQ's from you own doctors is medical ecidense. The form must be still valid, that is, not expired. They must consider ALL medical evidence, even if submitted on an expired DBQ BUT it may not be suitable for rating purposes. For example, if there is a comment section and the doctor adds evidence that he has obtained on evaluation, the have to consider it. It may not be a valuable as the examiner's remarks/findings, but it still has to be considered. Point is before the VA came out with pulling public DBQ's, you doc you'd fill out the DBQ and, if sufficient, you might not have to go to a VA C&P exam. They would use the one furnished. The VA doesn't want to do that anymore.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By Jamezam
      Not sure if this is a dumb question or not.
      I was rated for TDIU in July 2020, effective 2014. I have an appeal on another claim from 2015. Does going to an exam to get rated for your claim even matter?
      I’m asking because I have an exam with VES this Wednesday. I’m currently rated at 80% combined.
      If VES exam results in positive outcome, should receive 70% for depression and anxiety as recommended by IMO doctor report and his DBQ.
      I’m just wondering if you would still receive backpay if you’re already rated at TDIU level.
      My brain says no because I’m being paid at highest level already. Guess wishful thinking part of my brain hopes for additional backpay. 
    • By Glenndawson100
      Hi there, Recently actually yesterday the 21st of February the VA gave me notice that my supplemental claim had been decided and that they had sent out the letter that morning as well (meaning the decision was actually made on the 20th). This of course prompted me to check Ebenefits, where I saw no change in my rating. I'm currently rated at 40% for other issues. And in the past Ebenefits updated almost instantly leading me to believe that this supplemental claim was denied. I originally submitted my Epilepsy claim back in august, it was denied about 4 months later due to conflicting phraseology given by one of my doctors (mind you i still have a diagnoses of Epilepsy with 15 witnessed Grand Mal seizures at this point). Once i got the original decision letter I contacted my County VSO's office and set up an appointment. After they reviewed everything they we surprised that my claim was denied as it has a clear nexus and on top of that falls under the conditions; that if they manifest within a year its considered service connected (I separated 02/01/2019, first seizure onset was 05/25/2019). They did review the 112 pages of evidence from my civilian doctors and did see the conflicting phraseology. They told me that if I could get my Neurologist to just confirm my diagnoses and say i was and have been under treatment since 05/25/2019 that we could submit a supplemental claim since that's the fastest route. So that's what we did. That brings us to now. Under the standards for Epilepsy I was looking at a single rating of anything between 80%-100%. An 80% from 40% would have resulted in something Close to 90%. While i'm holding out, since in either case the retro pay (if my claim was awarded) would be greater then 20K that the additional signatures required are slowing down Ebenefits from updating, but as in most cases if the letter has sent and Ebenfits doesn't updated, 90% of the time you Claim/Supplemental/Appeal is denied. ( I mean correct me if I'm wrong). Whats the moral of the story? No matter how much evidence you have to support you the VA will be the VA. I'm lucky that I'm rated for other conditions so that I can at least have the VA help me cut down on the costs of treatment for Epilepsy, but it would have been nice to have it service connected so that I wouldn't have to wait months on months for Neurology appointments since I don't have priority. If any one has any information for me that might help moving forward, I'm all ears as once my letter is received and upon reading of the denial ill be filling an appeal.
    • By Rocket
      Hello,
      I'm currently rated 30% for  major  depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. I recently filed a claim to request an increase. I had my regular C&P physical exam on 10/23/17 and my psych exam on 11/20/17 through a VA contracted company called "QTC Medical Services".
      I just received my decision letter and am angry, frustrated, and confused. The VA increased my major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder to 100% as of 10/23/17 (date of my exam). They then knocked it back down to 30% as of 11/20/17 (the date of my psych exam). WTF??
      The way I interpret this is that the regular VA doctor who conducted my regular C&P health exam on 10/23/17 felt that my disability was so severe to warrant a 100% rating. Then 4 weeks later on 11/20/17, the person who conducted my psych exam (through QTC Medical Services) decided that I was miraculously cured and recommended my rating be reduced from 100% back down to 30%. Seriously????
      The psych exam I received through QTC was an absolute joke! It only lasted about 15 - 20 minutes. The guy was rude, condescending, and acted like I was wasting his time. Has anybody else out there dealt with this company??
      How on earth is it possible for an examiner from an outside contracted company spend 15-20 minutes interviewing me...have the authority to trump and override the decision and recommendations of the VA doctor who did my initial C&P health exam and my personal therapist who I've been seeing for 7 years now???!
      If anyone out there can explain this to me...I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

• By MarkInTexas
      Howdy All!
      Been a while since I've posted, but I've been reading, lurking and watching.....oh yes....I've been out there watching.....(that was creepy).
      Took some great advice and contacted Ted Ebert from the VA, via e-mail about my frustration with 95 medical and psych records belonging to other veterans being contained within my C-File, and that they were cited by the VA's last C&P examiner (held by Veterans Evaluation Service in Houston by a 12 year old nurse practitioner dude with a ponytail and a whopping 2 years of experience as a nurse practitioner......ok he may have been 16 years old.....maybe) and the VA's rater (who apparently only knows two functions on his keyboard....copy and paste).
      Early this year, Mr. Ebert was able to get the VA to acknowledge and purge all of these records, and the latest C-File I received in July looks like it was finally Mission Accomplished after several years of pleading with them to pull the records and reassess.  While waiting on this, I received another IMO from Doctor David Anaise on multiple conditions.  Although Mr. Ebert advised that the actual C&P examination report, rating denial and the rating decision letter (all three had information from medical records of other individuals) could not be removed or redacted, he advised that he would note in the file that there were incorrect records and that these documents had cited them.
      The VA finally did a reset and pulled me back down from pending a BVA Appeal back down to the run of the mill Notice of Disagreement, and has now recently scheduled me for a third C&P examination with QTC (My first time dealing with them in this six year Disneyland ride line.)  The first C&P by a real doctor at VES was favorable to me, the third was blackballed by Nurse Skippy with the ponytail citing other veteran's records, and now it looks like I'll see another doctor at QTC from what I read.  I did an "interview" over the phone with an office employee, who went over the DBQ questionnaire with me and had me answer her verbally line by line each question on the multiple DBQ's.  They had already FedEx'd me the DBQ questionaires with appointment information and instructions, which I filled out as instructed, but she said that this would save time and make it easier for the doctor to review than reading my handwriting or filling it out himself.  (Don't worry, I plan to bring my own handwritten copies as well, as well as the IMO from my oncologist, affirmative C&P from the VES doctor in 2012, the IME/IMO from Doctor Ellis and the IMO from Doctor Anaise, as well as my STR's and other supporting medical materials.  I may also bring a couple of Doctor Seuss books just in case.
      The office employee was patient and friendly thus far.  Fangs may be out when I arrive next week, but who knows?  She even let me give her more information when I called her back with additional symptoms that I had forgotten to tell her in the initial telephone interview (I wasn't home when she called, and she caught me flatfooted.)  I'll keep everybody advised of what happened on my first QTC experience.  Gotta be better than the last VES experience....I hope.
      This one will involve C&P's for service connection on several conditions and a rating increase on another.
      Have a great weekend!
      Mark

• By bluevet
      I received a QTC appointment today for my bi-polar claim. I am a current outpatient at my local Veterans Medical Center. Is it normal for the VA to order a QTC for a current VA patient? Isn't all the info they need in my VA medical records? I am worried after hearing all the horror stories regarding QTC.
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines