VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam records access

Rate this question

Allan Eddy

Question

After waiting many, many months for C&P exams for several disability rating increases and one new disability I went to a third party exam company, QTC Medical Group. Is there any way for me to get the results and notes from their "exams"? I believe there were omissions and errors that has resulted in the VA planning to cut my ratings and benefits in half. They also completely ignored the new disability filing

• HadIt.com Elder

Al Personally, I'd fire her but. She is feeding the same bs that the VA feeds the VSO when they "train" them.  Of course you have to have new evidence if you go for an increase. Duh. She is back peddling on you. Look up diagnostic code for ischemic heart disease, dc 7005. Compare your symptoms now with the criteria for the next bump in ratings. Get your doc to say that he has treated you, and review of your current baseline you have "X" (ex MEt=5) that would equate to the next higher level, etc. He doesn't have to have a dbq for an increase in ratings. He can have an electrocardiogram, etc. and report the findings. BS! If the form is current (not expired) the VA HAS to use it. Period!.

I was at Long Binh 70-71. Some people I've met have gone back. I wouldn't have any interest in it at all. Once I got back to the states I told my wife, I am never leaving the good ole USA again.

Welcome home to you brother.

• HadIt.com Elder

QTC should have sent you their FAX # and their address  in your notice to the exam date Letter.

you may want to look in your packet from QTC.??

Anyway if you get the QTC Fax# for the ones that did your exam  you can fax then and ask they send you a copy of the exam report. but wait a week or so  because they send it to the VA First.

9 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

QTC should have sent you their FAX # and their address  in your notice to the exam date Letter.

you may want to look in your packet from QTC.??

Anyway if you get the QTC Fax# for the ones that did your exam  you can fax then and ask they send you a copy of the exam report. but wait a week or so  because they send it to the VA First.

I called them and they told me the VA "owns" the exam records so I guess Freedom of Information letter will have to do. I am hearing they ignore the 21-4138 and VA3288 forms or wait forever to reply. They can't do that under Freedom of Information Act, hopefully

I just went through this this week with a new rating decision. Here is the bottom line and I could not find any way around it. This article is a few years old, but nothing has changed. Pay close attention to item number 4.

The 4 Ways To Get A Copy Of Your VA C&P Exam Results

1. You can request a copy in person at your VA Regional Office and they should print it out for you.

2. You can submit a Freedom of Information Act Request(FOIA) to the regional office by email, mail or fax for the reports. The FOIA request must have a signature to be valid

3. You can visit your VSO or Claims Agent to get a copy of the exam report(s). Many of these accredited representatives have access to the VA’s electronic systems and can print off a copy for you in minutes.

4. If the exam was done at a VA facility and not a contractor then you should be able to download the exam report(s) within a week of the exam from the VA’s MyHealthEVet website. You simply use the blue button option to download these medical records. You can access your medical records this way for any of your visits with VA healthcare by the way. If your exam was done by a contracted company outside the VA like QTC, Veterans Evaluation Services or LHI then you won’t be able to access them on MyHealthEVet at all. You will have to use one of the other three methods listed here in that case.

https://vetsdisabilityclaims.com/2018/10/04/the-4-ways-to-get-a-copy-of-your-va-cp-exam-report/

• HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, Allan Eddy said:

I called them and they told me the VA "owns" the exam records so I guess Freedom of Information letter will have to do. I am hearing they ignore the 21-4138 and VA3288 forms or wait forever to reply. They can't do that under Freedom of Information Act, hopefully

Roger that  but you also are part of the VA and you want your medical record as in a exam report from a qualified Dr That  is a medical record.

I can't remember if I sign the FOIA  With QTC or Not?  I remember I got this information in their packet to me letting me know where when and time of the exam  and information giving me their fax # if I needed anything  or a copy of the exam.. I never did fax them for anything but my QTC DR WAS PRETTY HEADS UP  y Oh  Yes I did to I fax them to sigh my travel pay voucher    because I had to travel 50 miles to this place....remember we get paid both ways for travel pay. 44.4 cents a mile....>  Hey it Adds up if you have like 4/5 appointments in a month.

..Later  I marched down to the VBA Office at my VAMC After about a week or 8./9 days or so  after my QTC Exam  and they had me sign the FOIA And I went back with the VSO and he ask me for my SS # Looked it up on his computer screen (probably the (VBMS) and BINGO he found it  made me one free copy  and I was on my way.  but not sure the VBA still does this  this was 5 years ago.

I never used a VSO OR Claims Agent  Although DAV as my Rep /POA but they are useless in my opinion. I Worked my claims with help here at hadit.

Its very hard to get anything but a Hard time from my R.O.  good luck with that

Edited by Buck52

I filed FOIA with local VA and had the documents back in less that a week. Glad that I did because after reviewing the DBQ's  I discovered dozens of errors and omissions. My VSO previously told me that DBQ's from private doctors would not be considered but thanks to a new law passed in December the VA has to accept them.

Check out ‘‘Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits
Improvement Act of 2020’’. 

I downloaded the entire PDF of the bill and will post the pertinent pages after I do a search.