VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Telehealth Psych C&P Exam

Rate this question

GeorgiaBoy1982

Question

Hello,

I am currently rated at 90% with a 50% rating for MDD.  I have a remand for increase dated back to 2015.  I just recently had a telehealth C&P exam for this increase.  I feel like it went very well.  It lasted over an hour with a civilian provider.  I was very surprised because at the end of the exam she told me, "I truly feel like you deserve an increase for your mental health."  Does that seem like a positive sign?  I wouldn't think that a provider would say that, especially in a C&P exam.  

Also, if my appeal was remanded back to 2015 when I was 80% and I get an increase that raises me to a higher rating of 90% or even 100%, will I be entitled to back pay for the difference from 2015 to present?

Thank you all for your service and I hope you guys can help give me some guidance on these questions.  

Stephen

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

GeorgiaBoy1982 Yes, it is likely a positive sign, but there is a major caution. An examiner or any type makes recommendations based on findings comparing your symptoms to rating criteria. If, for an increase in disability, are your symptoms worse. But they do not rate your claim; that is done by the rater, not a medical provider. It certainly isn't a bad sign for you though. As for EED, more than likely,you are going to get low-balled. It is just what the VA does. So expect it, and also expect that if the facts bare it out that you will have to appeal. If it is potentially a lot of back pay, consider getting legal help IMHO. EED is not as cut and dry as it appears and the VA will try hard to deny big $.