Telehealth Psych C&P Exam

GeorgiaBoy1982

Question

Hello,

I am currently rated at 90% with a 50% rating for MDD.  I have a remand for increase dated back to 2015.  I just recently had a telehealth C&P exam for this increase.  I feel like it went very well.  It lasted over an hour with a civilian provider.  I was very surprised because at the end of the exam she told me, "I truly feel like you deserve an increase for your mental health."  Does that seem like a positive sign?  I wouldn't think that a provider would say that, especially in a C&P exam.  

Also, if my appeal was remanded back to 2015 when I was 80% and I get an increase that raises me to a higher rating of 90% or even 100%, will I be entitled to back pay for the difference from 2015 to present?

Thank you all for your service and I hope you guys can help give me some guidance on these questions.  

Stephen

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

GeorgiaBoy1982 Yes, it is likely a positive sign, but there is a major caution. An examiner or any type makes recommendations based on findings comparing your symptoms to rating criteria. If, for an increase in disability, are your symptoms worse. But they do not rate your claim; that is done by the rater, not a medical provider. It certainly isn't a bad sign for you though. As for EED, more than likely,you are going to get low-balled. It is just what the VA does. So expect it, and also expect that if the facts bare it out that you will have to appeal. If it is potentially a lot of back pay, consider getting legal help IMHO. EED is not as cut and dry as it appears and the VA will try hard to deny big $.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By overthere
      Dont know if Im in the right spot, have spent hours trying to figure out how to use this site
      I read "6 reasons to keep pursuing va claims and appeals - AFTER you reach 100%".   Im rated 100% P&T tdui from 'Nam days.   but clicking on it brings  "10 tips to help you keep the c and p exam in perspective".  Is it hidden somewhere else, or not here at all?
      and man, its tough reading and understanding lots of stuff on here.... abbreviations. "secondary" conditions,  one thing caused by another....code numbers, medical/technical names.   there must be a bunch of lists somewhere?  Im a 'regular' type guy, but lots of stuff I have read makes me feel pretty dumb trying to understand things.   and now I cant recall the title of this 'forum' for this question, and I looked back, cant find the name of it anywhere, this site is so confusing.
    • By 1454th Solider
      I want ask if anyone has information or knowledge of a BVA appeal that is out of the 90 day evidence phase, holding up a decision on a claim for an increase on another SC issue? I would like know if I should just wait for the BVA to make it's decision first on the appeal, before I put in for the increase for the separate issue? Forgive me if this is not the right platform for this question. All information is welcome, Thanks.
    • By Combat eng
      I applied for TDIU and was awaiting decision. I checked Ebenifits today and the VA increased my knee from 30% to 50% and my Major Depressive Disorder from 50% to 70% giving me a 90% rating. I haven't received any decision paperwork from the VA yet to see why I was denied TDIU. Once I receive it I'll be seeking more help from all of the great people here as to what I should do next. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By Sgt. Wilky
      I logged in to Vets.gov and saw that my claims for increase was partially granted. I don't have the details as of yet, but I was sitting at 80% for quite a while and I saw that I was I was granted an increase to 70% for PTSD as well as several other contentions went from 10% to 20%. Of course, the good people here at Hadit.com have been tremendous allies in my fight and I thank you all for your encouragement and help, especially to @brokensoldier244th and many others. I was not optimistic in my C&P exams, but I was honest and I held back a lot of things, but the examiner obviously documented well and the rater(s) for that particular piece of the puzzle did me justice and for that I am thankful.
      The fight isn't over. I am beginning my claims for Rheumatoid Arthritis will hopefully win that claim but we will see.
      Semper Fi,
      Sgt. Wilky
    • By Sgt. Wilky
      I had a C&P exam this morning that went two whole hours and then some, with a mental health professional via video conference from the Cheyenne VA. She was very nice and seemed to be thorough. She confirmed what I already knew, and that was that I had PTSD, for which I have been rated 50% since 2015. Anyway, I learned that although my symptoms have gotten worse, that since I struggled to keep my job of 18 years and having not been fired multiple times throughout my "career", and since I wasn't a complete turd to my employer and to their customers, and I rarely showed up late to work and since I didn't hassle my coworkers and behave inappropriately, and since I didn't get so angry that I hit my spouse or beat my kids (despite the fact I stated quite clearly [and my wife confirmed] that I've ruined my relationship with my oldest son), and since I can brush my teeth on my own that I "probably" wouldn't qualify for the 70% requested increase.
      So, I found out that if I had put my employer and my family through the proverbial wringer and I didn't cost them a bunch of money, and since that I haven't yet ruined my reputation in the neighborhood or at my church, and since that I was proactive to the point that the pain made it unbearable to work anymore, so I quit, rather than force them to fire me, I can't get the help that I need. I've been fighting the VA since 2008. I'm tired.
      Awesome.
      Sgt. Wilky
  • Ads

• Our picks

• I already get compensation for bladder cancer for Camp Lejeune Water issue, now that it is added to Agent Orange does it mean that the VA should pay me the difference between Camp Lejeune and 1992 when I retired from the Marine Corps or do I have to re-apply for it for Agent Orange, or will the VA look at at current cases already receiving bladder cancer compensation. I’m considered 100% Disabled Permanently 
      • 20 replies
    • 5,10, 20 Rule
      The 5, 10, 20 year rules...

Five Year Rule) If you have had the same rating for five or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless your condition has improved on a sustained basis. All the medical evidence, not just the reexamination report, must support the conclusion that your improvement is more than temporary.

Ten Year Rule) The 10 year rule is after 10 years, the service connection is protected from being dropped.

Twenty Year Rule) If your disability has been continuously rated at or above a certain rating level for 20 or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless it finds the rating was based on fraud. This is a very high standard and it's unlikely the rating would get reduced.

If you are 100% for 20 years (Either 100% schedular or 100% TDIU - Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability or IU), you are automatically Permanent & Total (P&T). And, that after 20 years the total disability (100% or IU) is protected from reduction for the remainder of the person's life. "M-21-1-IX.ii.2.1.j. When a P&T Disability Exists"

At 55, P&T (Permanent & Total) or a few other reasons the VBA will not initiate a review. Here is the graphic below for that. However if the Veteran files a new compensation claim or files for an increase, then it is YOU that initiated to possible review.

NOTE: Until a percentage is in place for 10 years, the service connection can be removed. After that, the service connection is protected.

------

Example for 2020 using the same disability rating

1998 - Initially Service Connected @ 10%

RESULT: Service Connection Protected in 2008

RESULT: 10% Protected from reduction in 2018 (20 years)

2020 - Service Connection Increased @ 30%

RESULT: 30% is Protected from reduction in 2040 (20 years)
      • 58 replies
    • Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 18 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

406%
    $6,103.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines