VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for back pain question...

Rate this question

AtlMarine

Question

I had a C&P exam today with QTC. (c&p for back pain)

I arrived early and filled out the initial form at reception. Took 1 minute.

I was then called and taken to the exam room where my vitals were taken. That took approx. 2 minutes.

The examiner then came in and asked me a few questions while reading my answers they ask you to write and bring to the exam.

The examiner thanked me for taking the time to detail my answers about my back and condition, etc. (as though most people do not)

She then had me do the range of motion test forward twice and range of motion laterally once.

That was it.

I made sure to fill her in that I was in the infantry and carried an overloaded pack (0311 infantry, USMC) and that I often get numbness/tingling and pain down my arms from my back to my fingers.

She seemed to listen but did not ask any further questions.

I was in and out of the exam in about 5-8 minutes tops. 

MY QUESTION: Is a Fast c&p exam for back pain a good sign or bad??? 

I am curious to know your opinions and feedback. What were your experiences??

Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

AtlMarine Is it a good sign or a bad sign? Neither. Did you look at a dbq before the exam and did the examiner cover the bases? That's it. If she did, then it was adequate. There really isn't a lot of checks to go thru. Get a copy of the C&P exam to find out the results. What I have done with quite a bit of success is at the end of the exam is ask the examiner if they believe that my disability is service-connected as a direct question. They can't answer if you ask if you will get a disability; don't  to ask that. They might answer whether or not they are recommending s-c based on their findings. It may take a few days, but if you used a VSO, ask them to look in VBMS  and see what her findings were.. the famous quote"...at least as likely as not " it was s-c.

You will know if this is a good sign, when you read the c and p exam.  Many people are poker faced, and you 

just have no idea what they are thinking.  Others deceive you into thinking the opposite of what they are thinking.

You will know the truth when you read the exam.  

I am a little bamboozled. I have had many of c&p exams especially for my back pain. I do not recall having my vitals taken nor do I see vital reading on my DBQ. Is this something new?

I had a C&P for my back in March of this year. To the best of my memory they always make me bend forward and side to side. Then It is all repeated with three movements to determine if anything changes after repeated use. How they come up with three times I have no idea.