VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

dental/extraction(s)

Rate this topic

On 11/23/2020 at 7:56 AM, Berta said:

We have a full forum here on FTCA and Section 1151 - these are remedies for malpractice.

You will see many posts there from me. The VA caused my husband's death, due to misdiagnosis and lack of timely treatment, and in most cases, NO treatment. They malpracticed on his HBP,(AOHeart disease,(AO) diabetes mellitus (AO),multiple strokes  and hours before he died He made me promise to continue his claims if 'they killed him'. 

I did ( FTCA/1151, awards and AO awards for the IHD and DMII (direct SC )

You need to fulfill 2 aspects for both FTCA and 1151.

I better say 3 *****

3.****If your provider was not a VA doctor, but a federal contractor, treating you at the VA, they are NOT liable under FTCA.only under 1151.

The VA "Providers" are searchable here.

You need :

1. documented medical proof of malpractice and

2. proof of a documented ratable disability ( or death) solely caused by the VA malpractice.

I do not advise filling these types of claims without a strong IME/IMO and ,in cases of FTCA, without a good lawyer.

Can you link me to that forum, please?

Thanks. 🙏🇺🇸

ps. yes, anything I did would in the US Court of Fed Claims. because it’d be way after damage was done. not looking for any new ratings. Btw, I sued USA in Fed Claims Ct. no lawyer would help me. I won. That initial victory took nearly 10 years, more followed.

problem is, WHAT you can and cannot get damages for (and what type damages) and more importantly: how to present/argue it in language that rings the bells. 😉

eg, the case I had... there was no money, not damages. law didn’t allow. BUT you must be “creative” with your trap placements. 

Edited by max87

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You asked:

"Can you link me to that forum, please?"

I posted the links to those forums here ( 1151 and FTCA) on page 2 of this thread.

Sorry. I can’t see threads. Idk why.

I can even find a list if forums.

Maybe if I was on s computer instead of a phone. 😕

Thanks

Edited by max87