VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100 P&T

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• HadIt.com Elder
8 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Buck, due to COVID-19, I would not suggest to a veteran to just show up at any hospital and or clinic unless it is an emergency. The hospital and or clinics are scheduling appointments to keep everyone safe by not having too many people in one place at a time. Shrek just got his award letter so there is no not knowing if he would have problems with these clinics.  Now due to COVID-19 there may be issues of how and where to get him in or where to send him, but it is way too early for him to contact the hospital director or assistant.

pacmanx 1

You take things  out of text somewhat

WE'RE ALL TRYING TO HELP HERE  GB Army and me and you.

I was only letting ''shrekthetank1''  know what to do to get his Dental started up or how to get into the Dental Clinic 

I can only imagine Shrek has enough sense  as to how to handle covid . And I know Shrek has enough sense to go to the E.R. if he needs to.

And to call his VA First  I would think he knows  to do all of that. during this covid or not.

Most VAMC  We Veterans need authorization to even go there (During this pandemic)  and when you do  they usually give the Veteran a text # to text to , and  let them know your out in the parking lot . and they text you back when there ready to see you.  I did this just the other day   Now Maybe all VAMC IS.NOT DOING THIS?I can only Imagine this is to keep veterans at a social distance.

He Also needs to take his award letter to the Dental Clinic too  because some clerks will not look up a veterans rating and ask for his award letter  . That's the way they did me but that was 18 1/2 years ago.but maybe his VAMC WON'T ?

.....THIS IS ONLY WHAT I HAD TO DO AND  JUST RELAYING THE MESSAGE.  MATTER FACT WHEN I GOT MY P&T I KEPT MY AWARD LETTER IN MY WALLET FOR A WHILE  BECAUSE I NEEDED IT ELSEWHERE TOO.

AS FOR AS FEE BASES OR USING THE FREEDOM CHOICE ACT/NOW CALLED CCP ''COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM''

(passed June 2019) HE  NEEDS TO ASK HIS VA Dr to refer him over to the outside care  if the VA Dr can't see him in a reasonable amount of time  like within 30 days  once he is referred to the outside care office  they turn it over to an outside Insurance Company the VA USES FOR THIS PURPOSE  & they will call him and set his appointment . some times they may ask the veteran if he prefers a outside clinic he is familiar with.

Lets give these Veteran a little ''common sense''  and me too..

Edited by Buck52