VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability claim percentage off old percent

Rate this question

flynsolo2

Question

Hello All,

I know there are NUMEROUS questions asked about the VA disability ratings, and even a disability calculator, but, my question is: my total combined disabilities are rated at 85%, so, it was rounded to 90%. I submitted a new claim for GERD, which I am expecting them to bring it from 10% up to 30%. For the disability calculation, will they work from the 90%  and then factor in new claims or percentages or do they re-enter all my disabilities and so my rating could still remain at 90%? 

thank you!!

• HadIt.com Elder

They will work from your actual, 85, so IMHO you will still be rated at 90%. (But closer to 95, or 100%)

@broncovet @GBArmy

So, not sure which one it is, if they go off my old rating, where it was 85% and rounded up to 90% now-so could possibly get me to that over marker to be rounded up to 100% , or if they will work off my old rating of 85% and so I will still be 90%....However, it seems that if I put in all my disabilities into the calculator, and do not work off percentages of old disabilities, it will take a near miracle to get to anything past 95% to get me to 100% disability. How frustrating....

I still have not heard back from the HLR, but, if it does not work off my (already rated) 90%, then I do not think getting my GERD claim from 10% upped to 30% will be enough to get me to that threshold. But, I am going to hold out hope.......

• HadIt.com Elder

flynsolo2

Check this method the VA uses to Calculate %'s  you may need to watch it a few times to understand it  from the chart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7oYzL2DCg

• HadIt.com Elder

HERE IS A LITTLE EASIER TO READ COMBINED RATINGS TABLE

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.25

"However, it seems that if I put in all my disabilities into the calculator, and do not work off percentages of old disabilities, it will take a near miracle to get to anything past 95% to get me to 100% disability. How frustrating"   

85% to 100% will take a whole bunch, probably 70% or better of new claims.

I was in the 80's with round down to 80.  I put in some new claims and got an additional 10 and an additions 30 ratings.

That put me at 91 with a round down to 90.

Now, I would need 4-10% or 2-10's and a 20% or 2-20's, or one 30% bilateral, or you get the idea, basically 40% more to get to 95 for a round up to 100%.

That's the way it is,

Hamslice

Keep pluggin...