VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability claim percentage off old percent

Rate this question

flynsolo2

Question

Hello All,

I know there are NUMEROUS questions asked about the VA disability ratings, and even a disability calculator, but, my question is: my total combined disabilities are rated at 85%, so, it was rounded to 90%. I submitted a new claim for GERD, which I am expecting them to bring it from 10% up to 30%. For the disability calculation, will they work from the 90%  and then factor in new claims or percentages or do they re-enter all my disabilities and so my rating could still remain at 90%? 

thank you!!

Hamslice that sounds about right. I was rated 90% for a long time and then I got a rating of 40% for one condition and that bumped me to 95 where VA rounded it up to 100% schedular. Just using the numbers most veterans that are rated 100% schedular are actually about 240% or more but you know VA looks at it as they are only 100%.

• HadIt.com Elder

pacmanx1 

Are you sure that is correct  that you had a 90% rating and then got an increase or another condition rated at 40%? and that put you up to th 95 % range and you got a 100% rating? you must have had another 10% some where?

my calculations are a 90% rating and a 40% rating  combined to the 92 % rande  and still be at the 90% rate.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hamslice  it is very hard to get to the 100%  rating for veterans rated at 85%   for a Veteran rated 90% he will need an adition increase or another condition rated at least 50%  for the 85% vet  it will take 70/80% increase to get to the 100%

This is why the VA rates like they do.  make it hard on us veterans.

Yes, I am positive the 90% was my combined rating but when a veteran gets a new rating VA must recalculate all the veteran’s disabilities. There may have been an off number where I was above the 90% but VA rounded down to give me the combined 90% but when they recalculated it, I hit the 95%.  Remember VA dose not start with the 90%, they start all over from highest to lowest disability. 

8 hours ago, Buck52 said:

pacmanx1 

Are you sure that is correct  that you had a 90% rating and then got an increase or another condition rated at 40%? and that put you up to th 95 % range and you got a 100% rating? you must have had another 10% some where?

my calculations are a 90% rating and a 40% rating  combined to the 92 % rande  and still be at the 90% rate.

Could be a bilateral rating.  That's why one 30 bilat is the same as 40% non-bilateral.  

Fun with VA math,

Hamslice

I'm at 200 percent straight up....

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that  pacmanx

Ham  your at 200% straight up...does this mean your half whole...l😉