I submitted a follow on claim four years after my initial claim for worsening conditions.  I got a notification (accidentally) from QTM to schedule two C&P exams about 30 miles in opposite directions.  I live in NYC.  Being an 8D, I checked out the doctors.  For PTSD, I was assigned a child psychologist.  For my back and ankles, I was assigned a nurse practitioner with no specialized experience in osteopathic or neurologic disorders.  I cancelled all the appointments and call the VA.  I asked to have my C&P exams conducted only at a VA facility near me.  Chad, the nice VA guy said he would change my preference but it would take longer to get my C&P exam.  I am at 90% and want professionals in the fields for which I am being prodded.  Was this a good or bad move?  Thanks to all of you and mostly T-Bird. 

• Sad 1

Lighthouse It may have been a good move, but you will never know. If the two exams resulted in favorable exams, you would have won. The favorable decision is the desired result here; you're not interested in receiving medical treatment. You just want to win. Maybe they would have, maybe not. Getting rescheduled to a VA examiner will certainly be a delay in your claim, but it also could result in a unfavorable result. You will find that out. I'm not dumping on you but some might say you took an option off the table. If the outside examiners gave a unfavorable, you could then have the option to complain about their qualifications and adequacies of their exams and request a re-do. But I do appreciate the anxiety level and understand that you want professionals to do the job. There truly is no correct answer to the question. But if it makes you feel better, you did the right thing for you. Just go to the new exam and know your symptoms and know what is required for the bump up in rating. You'll do fine. Good luck.(even if you are a NY Yankees fan.)

• Like 2

• Patron

All of my claims have been examined by a NP.  I have never had a doctor for a C&P exam.  I have won all of my claims except for the ones that were not well thought out on my part to begin with.  If you have (had) a condition that resolved itself, with or without meds, and you have no residuals, then it will get denied.  Which my denials were.  I learned.

All of my increases and secondary claims were examined by a NP.  I was successful in all of those.  Those were easy as I had new evidence from a doctor that showed worsening of my original service connected condition, or the the new condition was caused by the service connected condition.  I learned.

I was in the service for a long time and that has followed me to the VA.  If they say hop, I hop.  I attend everything and anything they tell me to attend.  It has worked out good for me.

So far,

Hamslice

• Like 2