VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ssdi continuing disability review

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

It's been about 7 years since my last ssdi review. Since then I have divorced my ex wife and have custody of my son. Last time I filled out SSDI papers the VA helped me fill them out. Before my ex would do everything and I never left the house much. On SSDI's 10 page review paperwork I forgot information and know I didn't do a good job. Had to call and tell them I forgot to list a medication or two. I got a call yesterday from the reviewer asking if I'd be willing to see a doctor they'd pay for. I said yes. This has me freaking out.

I am rated 100% P&T for ptsd and my ssdi is just for ptsd. I told ssdi I go to the store, park with my son, and that is an improvement of where I was. I can't help but feel they're going to take away my ssdi by saying I can work now. Am I just over thinking this? Could this need to see their doctor be because of how poorly I filled out the 10 pages they sent me? 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They want more up-to-date medical info on you. Have you been goin to the VA or elsewhere for MH treatments? Are they updated in your VA files for the VA to review. If you are not P&T, and not getting medical help and posting it, better start. It may even help minimize some of your symptoms. If the VA doesn't see you are working on attending, they may assume you must be getting better and try to reduce.

3 hours ago, GBArmy said:

They want more up-to-date medical info on you. Have you been goin to the VA or elsewhere for MH treatments? Are they updated in your VA files for the VA to review. If you are not P&T, and not getting medical help and posting it, better start. It may even help minimize some of your symptoms. If the VA doesn't see you are working on attending, they may assume you must be getting better and try to reduce.

I do everything the VA ask. Only thing I haven't started again is therapy because I don't want to do it over the phone. I prefer in person. I do a phone appointment with the doctor that prescribes my meds and ask how I am doing and stuff tho. I am P&T and been taking medicine. My va doctor and I agreed a few months ago to try to get off fluoxetine and now I am back on it but at a lower dosage.

• HadIt.com Elder

11cvolley We know anxiety can be a rough go but you have to keep going. I try to think "OK, can whatever more I do change anything?" If the answer is no, I've done all I could, then you have to convince yourself that there is nothing more you can do until somebody else does what they have to do. I know it sounds arbitrary but if I do that it seems to take the edge off of what I'm worrying about. Helps a little. Just remind yourself that you can't do anything more about it. Good luck on your exam brother.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:20 AM, GBArmy said:

11cvolley We know anxiety can be a rough go but you have to keep going. I try to think "OK, can whatever more I do change anything?" If the answer is no, I've done all I could, then you have to convince yourself that there is nothing more you can do until somebody else does what they have to do. I know it sounds arbitrary but if I do that it seems to take the edge off of what I'm worrying about. Helps a little. Just remind yourself that you can't do anything more about it. Good luck on your exam brother.

I worked up the courage to ask the ssdi claims adjudicator why she is sending me to a doctor and she said the VA failed to respond. So she has no medical records to go off of. Hopefully this means they're leaning towards not taking away my ssdi.

Edited by 11cvolley

I don't think you have much to worry about. I knew someone who had to go see a doctor like this and he came. back talking about how good he did in his exam. He didn't realize exactly what he was doing. He still never lost his SSDI. There is a CFR 20-400 that I think covers all of SSA. There is also an appeal process like in the VA.