VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lawyer to represent me in BVA and maybe CAVC

Rate this question

dwbell99

Question

2 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

I am using berry law firm, and they are doing great.  I would look and find one, and they will ask for some of your information.  I would suggest to wait until after the BVA as at the CAVC it is all covered for that portion.  

thanks

I did look up Tom Kiely in the "NOVA Advocate directory".  https://www.vetadvocates.org/directory/widget_search?current_page=2&sort_type=featured&filter={"additional_info.show-profile-on-sustaining-membership-directory"%3A+"yes"}&asset_type=company_user&display_type=default#K

Its my humble opinion that Professional Veterans Attorneys are listed in NOVA, and it is much safer to go with a NOVA attorney.  Since Mr. Kiely is in NOVA, "even tho" I have not personally used him, I would recommend Attorney's who are members in good standing of NOVA.  

All the biggies (and well known among Vets advocates) are in NOVA:   

CCK law:  Very well known, large law firm.

Chris Attig:  (Attig Steele)..also well known, he represented me at the CAVC and I got a great result. 

Berry Law Firm

Bergman and Moore

Glover Luck

Hill and Ponton

NVLSP

and, of course, the legendary Carpenter Chartered (Ken Carpenter out of Kansas).  He is probably the best of the best.  Perhaps, Mr. Chisolm of CCK law, however could dispute Carpenter is the best, but not many others.  I would prefer CCK law if you are seeking SMC...Mr. Chisolm knows SMC way way way better than VA ever thought of knowing it.  

Caution, however, about Carpenter.  A few years ago, I could not send him emails...had to send documents by snail mail.  Well, it took much longer, and Mr. Carpenter, called me, by suprise, after sending him my decision (BVA denial).  Well, it was too late, and I had hired Mr. Attig.  So, even tho Mr. Carpenter has a stellar reputation, he may be a bit "old school" does not trust email.   That could have changed.  

Good idea before you sign a fee agreement:  

Do a case search (CAVC) and put in the attorney name.  If he has experience, you can read his cases and see how he fared with other Vets.  You will see lots of remands.   

I have PERSONALLY USED 

Glover Luck

Chris Attig

NVLSP

All 3 of these did a good job and I "won" a remand at CAVC, and EAJA paid the fees.  Then, upon remand, I won additional benefits at the BVA.  

Edited by broncovet

26 minutes ago, broncovet said:

I did look up Tom Kiely in the "NOVA Advocate directory".  https://www.vetadvocates.org/directory/widget_search?current_page=2&sort_type=featured&filter={"additional_info.show-profile-on-sustaining-membership-directory"%3A+"yes"}&asset_type=company_user&display_type=default#K

Its my humble opinion that Professional Veterans Attorneys are listed in NOVA, and it is much safer to go with a NOVA attorney.  Since Mr. Kiely is in NOVA, "even tho" I have not personally used him, I would recommend Attorney's who are members in good standing of NOVA.  

All the biggies (and well known among Vets advocates) are in NOVA:   

CCK law:  Very well known, large law firm.

Chris Attig:  (Attig Steele)..also well known, he represented me at the CAVC and I got a great result. 

Berry Law Firm

Bergman and Moore

Glover Luck

Hill and Ponton

NVLSP

and, of course, the legendary Carpenter Chartered (Ken Carpenter out of Kansas).  He is probably the best of the best.  Perhaps, Mr. Chisolm of CCK law, however could dispute Carpenter is the best, but not many others.  I would prefer CCK law if you are seeking SMC...Mr. Chisolm knows SMC way way way better than VA ever thought of knowing it.  

Caution, however, about Carpenter.  A few years ago, I could not send him emails...had to send documents by snail mail.  Well, it took much longer, and Mr. Carpenter, called me, by suprise, after sending him my decision (BVA denial).  Well, it was too late, and I had hired Mr. Attig.  So, even tho Mr. Carpenter has a stellar reputation, he may be a bit "old school" does not trust email.   That could have changed.  

Good idea before you sign a fee agreement:  

Do a case search (CAVC) and put in the attorney name.  If he has experience, you can read his cases and see how he fared with other Vets.  You will see lots of remands.   

I have PERSONALLY USED 

Glover Luck

Chris Attig

NVLSP

All 3 of these did a good job and I "won" a remand at CAVC, and EAJA paid the fees.  Then, upon remand, I won additional benefits at the BVA.  

thanks very much for the good information