VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Defense Bill will add 3 new AO presumptives

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, Berta, I don't think we should RUSH into this. Don't you think they should have studied it more. It's barely been 50 years you know. These things take time! You also noticed that they didn't include hypertension in the bill. Seems that would cost a lot to pay out on benefits, so see, they are going to do some more studying on that one. The article didn't disclose that the scientific data backing inclusion of hypertension is admittedly stronger than the evidence on the other 3. But you can't convince me money would stand in the way of our wonderful Congress when it's about doing what is right for Veterans. It just takes a little time. I truey hope you Gulf War Veterans are paying attention.

Yeah-well put GBArmy-and Wilkie could have  added these presumptives about 2 years ago-

some of the AO vets who could have benefitted from this long ago- are probably dead by now, and I hope (and pray) their spouses come to hadit for help , if any of there new presumptives caused or substantially contributed to their deaths.

You are so right about this:

"I truey hope you Gulf War Veterans are paying attention."

• HadIt.com Elder

What has changed since the Revolutionary War Warrants?  Nothing other than a guarantee in Section (4) of the Fourteenth Amendment that has essentially been written out of the Constitution by SCOTUS and the Appeals Courts.  Not one referenced case on that particular phrase in Section (4) anywhere to be found in case law.

If you can find one, please post it.

Hello Berta and other vets.

I spent time on the ground several times in DaNang. I would fly from the USS Hancock CVA 19 to get the mail and supplies. I “acquired” bladder cancer, prostate cancer and hypertension, all within a couple of months of each other. I filed a claim well over two years ago for the prostate cancer. I was denied twice. My second appeal was a year ago. Nothing. The VA says I don’t have enough evidence of being there. Unfortunately the flight logs have been destroyed and deck logs don’t specify exact aircraft or passengers that launched or where they are headed. I provided letters to my parents with the original postmarked envelopes talking about my time in DaNang. That wasn’t enough. The VA even denied that a C1A aircraft was on the ship that I traveled in. It was SN 038. I provided photos of it. Still not good enough. By the way my bladder cancer had returned. If my case, of having three things that Agent Orange causes isn’t enough I really don’t have more to offer. Any suggestions? Any advocates out there that can help me?

Thanks,

John Etter

• HadIt.com Elder

John The most obvious thing I can think of is a Buddy Letter. Can you contact an old friend that was in your unit that can verify where you went? You've gotten all your personnel records from Archives? Never went to sick call that would reference some illness or injury that occurred while there. How about the CO of your unit; he could verify what your duties were if he were available? Do you have any other pictures? Last thing I could think of is inquire many big law groups, like CC&P, and see if they have an interest. Sometimes the VA will accept some pretty liberal evidence. If you picked up the mail, did you have to sign for it? Maybe try to get a copy of the receipt from the unit you picked up from.You need a nugget to prove you were in country, and a buddy letter could tip the scales.