VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rep for claim submitted wrong paperwork--Now what??

Rate this question

pattimelt

Question

I have been dealing with a rep from the state of TN, who has been working with me after my first Total Knee Replacement.  This was in 2018.  I have since had 2 revision surgeries on the SAME KNEE due to the implant loosening.  2nd claim for the temp 100% went well. When I sent him all the paperwork THIS year, he filed all the current paperwork EXCEPT the actual comp form from my community care doc.  He sent the 2019 form instead of the one from this year, so my claim is all screwed up!!!  I attempted to contact this rep, and either due to COVID or just him being lazy, he has not responded to either email or phone calls, so after he filed the wrong paperwork, we have had no contact.  I called the VA, and asked what I needed to do, and I sent in the correct paperwork, but now the VA is requesting a C&P exam, and I've been waiting 2 months to even get notification that I even HAVE an appointment!!!  In the meantime, I'm stuck still in rehab with this knee(which is AGAIN loose!!), and I cannot work. 

Is there ANYTHING I can do to make this move any faster??  I have contacted the company that is supposed to do the C&P, and the lady I spoke with said she would try to expedite my appointment, but that was 3 weeks ago, and I still have no appointment or info...

I'm so frustrated that the rep who is supposed to know how to do all this paperwork did it wrong, and that is why I can't pay my bills right now!!!  How are us vets supposed to live when the reps that are hired to help us screw up their job???

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I filed a complaint against  many local state reps,here in NY years ago.

I filled the complaint with VA OGC as well as with their-the boss, the Governor of the state of NY.

They had asked me to help with some claims they didn't have a clue on, and then were messing up my claim at the same time-

Within a very short period of time the state  Director was replaced, one or2 quit, and one was demoted significantly to a position that did not involve claims.

I had received a completely improper VCAA letter , as a widow, ( aka 5103 Waiver now)

The Director sent me a letter stating that they had determined the VCAA letter I received was valid.

I was in a military school at the time, and waited for the BVA to address the claim, as my RO( Buffalo) as  SOP regarding my issues, had ignored all of my probative evidence to include 3 IMOs.It was more imporatnt to me to focus on my goal- All A's- to continue my past college grades. I knew the BVA would award my claim. 

They did and thy also acknowledged the fact that my VCAA letter was inappropriate but considered that issue as moot because I had overcome the legal error with evidence.

Buffalo did this again to me- long story there- they handled my 5103 waiver on 2 issues completely wrong.

I have a separate  non claims issue with the OGC that caused me to explain that above ,to the OGC-and gave the OGC permission to get my C file.

I get very aggressive when I see any paid vet rep or agent representative deliberately give vets or widows the wrong info and/or they simply are not competent enough to help with the claim.

But complaints involve evidence, just like VA claims do.

I do not know if the complaint to OGC on the state reps above or the complaint to the Governor resolved my issue above. All I know is that I was delighted with the outcome.

Those who left their state reps positions ,because of my complaint, can no longer hurt veterans or widows, because of their incompetence.