VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for right hand arthritis and pain

Rate this question

dzydel

Question

Hello fellow vets,

I have a c&p exam next week for right hand pain and arthritis. I am currently SC for:

70% amputation of right index and middle fingers, post mortar explosion.

10% Scars right hand 

10% osteo stumps with ankylosis of remaining 2 fingers.

20% right shoulder strain 

10% right wrist sprain 

10% tinnitus 

50% ptsd.

I am curious about possible pyramid issues, but would arthritis or carpal tunnel be added to my current hand conditons? Va math will have me at 100% if I get another 30%. Any information would be appreciated! 

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

dzydel, Welcome to Hadit...glad to have you brother,

As for as your C&P, You been there before   so

Be on time, & Just be honest with the examiner  if he/she ask you a question and you don't know  simply say you don't know sir

As for as the exam,  if this examiner examines ask you  to move your  hand/ limbs..or he moves them for you  you need to holler at the very first feel of your pain  holler out loud with pain at the first start of your pain, don't let him move your limbs any further.

don't be tough and take the pain   the more pain and the severity of it =might get you the 30%  but don't count on it.

Now depending on what your rating is for all your other  s.c. conditions?  30% might not be enough?...its very hard to reach the 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

§4.14   Avoidance of pyramiding.

The evaluation of the same disability under various diagnoses is to be avoided. Disability from injuries to the muscles, nerves, and joints of an extremity may overlap to a great extent, so that special rules are included in the appropriate bodily system for their evaluation. Dyspnea, tachycardia, nervousness, fatigability, etc., may result from many causes; some may be service connected, others, not. Both the use of manifestations not resulting from service-connected disease or injury in establishing the service-connected evaluation, and the evaluation of the same manifestation under different diagnoses are to be avoided.