VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA CUE awards

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://www.va.gov/vetapp20/files1/20000710.txt

There are 1954 BVA decisions regarding CUE in 2020 alone.

Many were denied, some were re-file-able, "without  prejudice "( meaning the claimant needs to perfect the CUE and re file it) and CUE is NOT a one shot deal, as many reps etc try to say,  and some certainly were awarded.

1 answer to this question

Correct.  I first saw that "one shot Cue" hypothesis on Jim Strickland's website.    While it made no sense to me, I assumed Jim Strickland was "smarter" than me, so he had to know.  This is exactly how the military works, and how the VA works.  

They recruit 18 year olds who are "wet behind the ears", so they can mold them into thinking the way the military wants them to behave.  (Think "Brainwashing").  

If someone told me, now, to "get down and give me 50 pushups", I would "scoff" at them and go on about my business.  Not back when I was 18!  I thought they had to be smarter and knew what was going on, and I didn't!  

The same thing happens with newbie VA claims applicants.  Their VA employee or VSO fills them with BS, and pretends to be an "expert".  

Im so Glad Berta refuted this hypothesis.  I knew it was wrong.  A VARO decision can have 1,2, 3, or even a dozen errors, some or all  of which can be CUE.  "To assume" that all VA decision are 100 percent correct, is a fallacy or, even that they can "only" have one error in each VARO decision. 

Think of your test scores in the past.  How many 100 percent's did you get?  (Even tho I was a good student 100 percent was rather rare for me).  How about 99% (you only missed one or 2).  While I got good grades, most of my tests had multiple errors "even if" I got an A!!!   Oh, and guess what?  The teacher isnt perfect either!  Or, what about the textbook?  Are those infallible?  I dont think so!!!

How many mistakes did you make this year?  One? Zero?  I probably made hundreds or thousands of mistakes.  Most of them were no big deal.  Some of my mistakes were big, tho, and caused a lot of problems.  I only wish I could limit my mistake to one per year or even one per day.  

Edited by broncovet