VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RG 35 new member needs help

Rate this question

Berta

Question

R935  0

Started conversation: 12 hours ago    (in my profile)-you need more eyes on this in the main forum here.

You said "Why wouldn't they close out the PTSD / Sinitus? Below is my full claim package. I'm a Purple Heart recipient with over a dozen combat deployments.  Looking for guidance as QTC - THE VA - have no answers to when my claim with be completed."

If you already got a C & P exam for the PTSD, and if it is favorable, that, with the Purple Heart should be a no-brainer, for the VA to be awarded but I feel you should have claimed it as PTSD with n other MH disabilities listed.

A deferred situation means they have a lot more work to do on the claim. You listed so many disabilities, that obviously that all will take time.

None of us ever have any good idea of when a claim will be completed.

Meantime, I suggest you go over the forums here and you might be eligible, when they finish the claim, for CRDP/or CRSC- in addition to your Military retiree payments. CRDP and CRSC are searchable here.

Are all of these disabilities listed on your discharge certificate?

Do you have a confirmed diagnosis yet for any of them, in addition to the tinnitus?

I have dealt with the Buffalo VARO for over 20 years- some of the conditions are not clearly defined in medical terms that VA can comprehend.

Do you have a vet rep representing you?

RG35 said:

I see you are living in NY and I just retired from 20 years of service in the USN and moved back to Buffalo.  Because of COVID i have only had 3 appointments through QTC which were Mental Health (Video Interview), Sinituis, and Hearing. 

I submitted in May and today in the Mail received 10% for tinnitius and the rest of my claim was deferred.

Why wouldn't they close out the PTSD / Sinitus? Below is my full claim package. I'm a Purple Heart recipient with over a dozen combat deployments.  Looking for guidance as QTC - THE VA - have no answers to when my claim with be completed. 

• R RHOMBOID TRAPEZIUS MUSCLE STRAIN (New)
  • SINUSITIS (New)
  • R BICEP ELBOW TENDINITIS (New)
  • L EYE CORNEAL ABRASION (New)
  • L HIP BONE CONTUSION (New)
  • L ELBOW PAIN STRAIN LIMITED ROM (New)
  • R EYE CORNEAL ABRASION (New)
  • L BIG TOE LACERATION WITH SCAR (New)
  • R ELBOW BICEP TENDINITIS (New)
  • R SHOULDER MUSCLE STRAIN WITH NEURAPRAXIA (New)
  • CHRONIC MIGRAINE HEADACHES (New)
  • R FOREARM SCARS FROM TRAUMA FROM MILITARY WORKING DOG BITE (New)
  • R FOOT HEEL RETRO CANEAL BURSITIS (New)
  • BILATERAL PES PLANUS (New)
  • DERMATITIS (New)
  • COSTOCHONDRITIS CHEST PAIN (New)
  • GERD (New)
  • LOWER BACK STRAIN LUMBAR SPONDYLOSIS (New)
  • ACQUIRED PSYCHIATRIC DISABILITY TO INCLUDE ADHD
  • PTSD
  • ADJUSTEMENT DISORDER
  • PANIC DISORDER
  • UNSPECIFIED MOOD DISORDER
  • SLEEP INITIATION INSOMNA (New)
  • R KNEE PATELLO FEMORAL SYNDROME PATELLO TENDINITIS (New)
  • R ILIOTIBIAL BAND SYNDROME (New)
  • L ANKLE DOG BITE SCAR (New)
  • CERVICAL NECK SPRAIN CHRONIC PAIN SPONDYLOSIS CERVICALAGIA (New)
  • L ARM PUNTURE WOUND SCAR (New)
  • L INNER THIGHT MILITARY WORKING DOG BITE SCAR (New)
  • L UPPER THIGHT CONTUSION SCAR (New)
  • L KNEE CONTUSION SCAR (New)
  • R KNEE MCL STRAIN PAIN SPRAIN LIMITED ROM (New)
  • THORACIC BACK CHRONIC PAIN SPONDYLOSIS (New)
  • MULTIPLE FRAGMENTAION GRENADE INJURIES SCARS (New)
  • TINNITUS (New)
  • DRY EYE SYNDROME (New)
  • MULTIPLE CHEST MASSES
  • UPPER L
  • R
  • L MID CHEST (New)
  • LUMBAR BACK DYSFUNCTION (New)
  • R THIGH MWD MUSSLE STRICK CONTUSION SCAR (New)
  • L KNEE ITB SYNDROME (New)
  • 5 MM PINEAL CYST BRAIN (New)
  • L HAND FRACTURE CHRONIC PAIN LOSS OF GRIP (New)
  • B L GYNECOMASTIA (New)
  • L HAND ARTHRALGIA (New)
  • MALE ED (New)
  • R ELBOW SUBLUXATION (New)
  • DYSLIPIDEMIA (New)
  • L KNEE DERMATFIBROMA (New)
  • VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY (New)
  • SLEEP DISORDER (New)
  • MULTIPLE TBI WITH ASSOCIATED MEMORY LOSS
  • SENSITIVITY TO LIGHT AND NOISE
  • IRRITABILITY AND ANGER
  • COGNITIVE DISORDER
  • DIZZINESS AND GIDDINESS (New)
  • R SHOULDER OSTEOPHYTE SYNOVITIS TENOSYNOVITIS (New)
  • R WRIST GANGLION CARPAL BONE MASS (New)
  • L RING FINGER PUNCTURE WOUND SCAR (New)
  • HEADACHE W PERIPHERAL VISION DISTURBANCE (New)
  • TMJ TMD (New)
  • THORACIC SPINAL DEGENERATION (New)
  • CHRONIC ALLERGIC RHINITIS (New)
  • TINEA PEDUS (New)
  • R OPEN CLAVICLE EXCISION (New)

.You asked "  I asked Berta in private for advice and I didn't give her permission to post my private message; but its out there now."

I do not give private advice. This is a public forum and the advice that helps someone here on the board, publically, can often help another veteran out there...often more than one vet can use the same advice. We often see new members who got the advice they needed by simply reading the forums as a guest, than joined formally to tell us they succeeded, based on the advice other vets got here.

Most of us here, including me, are Hardcore VA  claimants-and our advice is based on years ( in my case Decades) of dealing with the VA. 

And if anyone here gives the wrong advice in a private setting, there is no way to correct them.

You got good advice above from many....all who know how the VA works and their advice is solid.

RG935:

(Berta is a widow of a Veteran).  Berta, has made it well known she does not give out her private email address, and responds only in the public forum.  While some hadit people here DO give private advice, Berta has made a choice not to "give out" her private email, and she has reasons for that.    

I agree with her choice.  

"If" her advice is good for Veteran "A", then its also good for other Veterans, (in somewhat similar circumstances)  as well as other Veteran advocates, many of which learn from her.  

I personally have read thousands of Berta's posts, responded to some, and have found her advice "nothing but helpful".  As recently as this year, Berta advised me to "file an audit of my retro", and gave the department in the VARO to file it to. (VARO finance department). I took her advice and got a very nice retro check as a result.  

This enables other Veterans, who may also dispute their retro, to likewise follow her advice without Berta responding to each Veteran personally, which she probably does not have time to do.  

All hadit members are volunteers.  We dont get paid to respond.  Most of us are Vets, and most of us got help on hadit (often from Berta) and many of us eventually "gave back" by responding to other Veterans, when we have the time/knowledge.  

The good part of hadit is that its "peer reviewed".  In other words, If I disagree with advice given, I post it but do not attack the personality of any poster by calling names.  (You'r a liar!, You are an idiot!  You are a moron, etc. etc.  )  Instead, we "speak our peace" about "why" that advice may not be the best for that Vet.  While we do have disagreements, they serve as peer review and raise the level of knowledge.  

In the case of private vs public- a whole lot of us have weird issues-penile, emotional, psycho-social. Gynocomastia fits right in there, and hey, I found out a different issue that can cause it or be classified as that on here in this thread. I can use that at work when looking at claims. Didn’t know what desert fever in CA was until a few weeks ago, either.  We all learn here and it’s about as safe a place as you can get. Most of us don’t use our real names, either, so it adds a modicum of privacy. 

Broncovet said:

" While some hadit people here DO give private advice, Berta has made a choice not to "give out" her private email, and she has reasons for that."

Can you post a list here under a new topic ,of anyone here willing to help claimants via their email or PMs, etc. ? Or just post this as a topic and others can reply,themselves, if they can help anyone, one to one.

Edited by Berta
cloud

I agree Tbird-

I know someone who deal exclusively with widow's claims, sometimes  AO is involved.She uses email and phone calls, and often tries to meet up with them if they are local to her.

She has called me many times over the years,  to help her with these claims but I always suggest that the widows come here to hadit. They never do. Probably many do not even know how to use a PC.

About a year ago- she was telling me about one claim she had been working on- the veteran had been 100% P & T for over ten continuous years-

the problem she was having is getting the widow to support direct SC death.She wanted me to contact the widow.But I never did- 

I was shocked at this-still am--- she said she had been telling other widows ( who are eligible for DIC due to their spouses 100% P & T for ten continuous years ) to try to prove SC death , and then she will help them file the claim. ????

If these are not Nehmer widows, in some cases they might have taken well over one year after the veteran;s death, to file the DIC claim- in trying to prove something they DO NOT need to prove!

I asked her when the ten year regulations changed and she seemed upset that I asked.

I got off the phone and sent her the Ten year P & T regulations and never heard from her again.

The EED for a DIC claim is the date of the veteran's death- if it is not a Nehmer claim-then the EED will be the date the VA gets the claim.

I hope she hasn't gotten sued.

Edited by Berta
cloud