VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ebenefits accuracy

Rate this question

ragib

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

ragib I assume this just happened. They can't just close out claims without giving you a decision letter. I assume it is coming and va.gov and ebenefits haven't been updated. Call Peggy, or 800-827-100 and ask for a status. They should be able to tell you. You may have a remand going on and they awarded a partial grant, or more work has to be done. It is also possible that migraines are being lumped in with your tbi and maybe the also are evaluating your request for tDIU also. Possible. But until you get your decision letter, who knows. Takes 7-10 business days for it to get to you. I assume your mailing address is current. If not, update both VHA and benefits.

I'd wait for your decision letter, but in my experience...eBenefits gives me a pretty good idea of what happened just without the "why".  I have had a claim with multiple things on it "partially closed" with one item left open and handled on its own before.  That just happened to be an increase claim they hosed up royally and treated as a "new claim" then tried to "deny" SC on something I was already SC'd on.  Took calling a friend at the VARO to get them to add that back in to another open claim as an increase.  (I was told whoever handled it had no clue what they were doing, and it was obvious).  However, my claim still showed as "Open" in va.gov..while the one was being processed on its own.  it was just "odd" all-together.

You can likely conclude the entire claim was closed out though if you don't show anything still open.

Edited by flow1972

• HadIt.com Elder

VA.gov is the only place that you can find open status. On HLR, it just doesn't update. No clue as that rationale. It's a claim just like a supplemental is. You can't get a status on ebenefits. You can call Peggy, 800-827-1000 and ask but the info you get isn't very detailed. 

3 hours ago, flow1972 said:

Took calling a friend at the VARO

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had a friend at the VARO!

3 hours ago, flow1972 said:

(I was told whoever handled it had no clue what they were doing, and it was obvious).

Doesn't the VA keep records of everyone that touches a vets file?