VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp & Pen details tab

Rate this question

wysiwyg1965

Question

Just wondering what this might mean on va. gov, comp and pen is showing Awaiting Release of funds- SSD and details show Attorney Fee Memo- AAFC Authorized Award (New).  I use DAV as my Rep.  I don’t understand SSD, is it possible the DAV signed me up for Social Security Disability?  Just wondering what all this means, could be an old lawyer just trying to squeeze more money out of me!

1 answer to this question

It probably means this is your first sign of an increase to a higher percentage, so congratulations!

Did you contact that attorney?  You should, and ask him/her.  

They should not withhold legal fees unless you have gotten a new disability, an increase, or an earlier effective date which would result in $$ for you.  

Yes, if you signed a fee agreement with an attorney, even years ago, you would owe him the stated part of your retro.  

I dont know about SSD.  Perhaps, again, you should ask your lawyer if he applied for SSD for you.  I have not read your fee agreement, perhaps he represented you there as well.  

Im unaware of any such restriction that an attorney can represent you "Only" at VA (but not SSD), but some attorney's may handle both.  

Edited by broncovet