VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70/iu & 100 Difference?

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yes, chapter 35 only applies after they finish high school. unless it has changed, you need to take the px, commissary id application to an active base, they have a place there where they issue you the card with picture etc...it's been many moons since i got mine, but that's the way it was then and someone has to take the pic for the id card, so i suppose you would still have to apply in person. i can recommend the MyEHealth Vet also, I had been a member for quite awhile, but i signed up last week for the complete deal where you can see and refill all prescriptions online, and in the near future will be able to see and download your medical records from the vamc. it seems this is going to be a great program. you apply at your local va medical center...you will need to apply at the Release of Information Office and it's quicker if you watch this REQUIRED short video before you go in, that way you won't have to wait. you can go ahead and register here and get your password etc set, that way when you go to apply, it will cut down on time. register here: https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhvPortal/anony...-anonymous.html view video here https://www.myhealth.va.gov/noncmscontent/m...mhv-ipa-vid.wmv

Guest terrysturgis

Cavman, to get the DOD card I called the 800-827-1000 and requested a letter stating my 100% P&T status. It took about 3 weeks. You can use the decision it self but the letter is one page long and is short and sweet. Because of your 100% P&T your card will have an indefinate expiration date. My wife's expires every three years. Web search Deers, Michigan to see where you can get an ID. The Defense Center in Battle Creek does it every work day and the Marine reserve does it only on Fridays. Take care. Terry Sturgis

Guest terrysturgis

Cavman, to get the DOD card I called the 800-827-1000 and requested a letter stating my 100% P&T status. It took about 3 weeks. You can use the decision it self but the letter is one page long and is short and sweet. Because of your 100% P&T your card will have an indefinate expiration date. My wife's expires every three years. Web search Deers, Michigan to see where you can get an ID. The Defense Center in Battle Creek does it every work day and the Marine reserve does it only on Fridays. Take care. Terry Sturgis

Is this application for uniformed services ID card form (DEERS ENROLLMENT) for getting into a PX? Where did you send yours or turn it in? You and I have the same award exactly.....what have you done that I need to do? We don`t apply for chapter 35 help until the year our children finish high school right?

Cavman

caveman,

I really have not done much i have not applied for my px card yet the closes military base is 90 miles from me so i wont use it that much so iam in no hurry to get it. i did apply for champava for the kids and wife. the chapter 35 benifits i have done nothing my kids are to young to use them and the wife already went to school. I have been busy I just bought my first house and taking care of my kids i saw my va shrink last week i still go atleast 1 every 2 months make sure you still see your shrink caveman. and keep copys. also how far did they back pay your award.

• HadIt.com Elder

I live about 5 miles from MacDill AFB and I never go there for anything. I just never go to the trouble of waiting in line at the gate to shop at the over crowed BX. I went there a few years ago and everyone in uniform seemed so young it was amazing.

The military is being operated by high school kids it seemed to me.