VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Defense Bill Passage and Bladder Cancer

Rate this question

rebabevets

Question

I already get compensation for bladder cancer for Camp Lejeune Water issue, now that it is added to Agent Orange does it mean that the VA should pay me the difference between Camp Lejeune and 1992 when I retired from the Marine Corps or do I have to re-apply for it for Agent Orange, or will the VA look at at current cases already receiving bladder cancer compensation. I’m considered 100% Disabled Permanently 

You can only have something tied to one diagnosis or etiology. If you want to apply for AO you'll have too claim a different condition. You won't get paid any more for it unless you qualify for SMC of some level. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

But wouldn’t Vietnam have priority over Camp Lejeune , since it’s presumptive before Camp Lejeune as far as presumption goes. I don’t remember the date Camp Lejeune was approved but all my presumption for Vietnam Agent Orange go Back to when I retired July 1992

I already get compensation for bladder cancer for Camp Lejeune Water issue, now that it is added to Agent Orange does it mean that the VA should pay me the difference between Camp Lejeune and 1992 when I retired from the Marine Corps or do I have to re-apply for it for Agent Orange, or will the VA look at at current cases already receiving bladder cancer compensation. I’m considered 100% Disabled Permanently 

Yes, I think it is possible, but it really depends on the evidence in your records. IMO (In My Opinion) you were granted service-connected bladder cancer linked to Camp Lejeune, if you can prove that you had boots on ground (or something similar) that it could be possible for the VA to re-adjudicate your decision and grant an EED (Earlier Effective date). It is true that a veteran can only be service-connected for a particular condition/disability, since you are already service-connected for bladder cancer, VA would/could not service connect you again, but the VA can re-adjudicate your effective date due to new evidence, this new evidence is if congress has added it to the Agent Orange list and you can prove that you should get an EED. There may be some difference in pay.  I am quite sure that Ms. Berta can give better advice and I think I remember hearing that the VA maybe working on this, but it would be best to check on it and let us know. When were you granted 100%? Do you have proof of boots on ground or similar documentation? The more you post the more the board could help answer your question. Others will/may chime in.

Yes Boots on Ground, Vietnam 3/1 Marine Corps. August 11th 2016, date of permanent disability. I didn’t file for over 40 plus years. If they had not did Camp Lejeune then it would have automatically been agent Orange Vietnam 

Ischemic Heart Disease, peripheral Arteries Disease, carotid Arteries Disease, aortic Aneurism, iliac Aneurism, quadrupled Open Heart Surgery, Glaucoma both Eyes, Hiatal Hernia, leaky Heart Valve, had High Blood

Pressure since the 70’s, pending bypass

Both Legs, PTSD since the 70’s , Prostate Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Melanoma Cancer,

And various other Skin Cancers. I know have

Something showing up in my Lungs. Had a

stillborn Daughter at Camp

Lejeune in the 70’s, severely Autisic 19 year

Daughter, All thanks the Agent Orange in

Vietnam and Camp Lejeune Water issues.

I’m a Retired US Marine. Took me over 45

Years to get anything from the VA, Still waiting 

For the VA to approve High Blood Pressure,

PAD,and CAD, to the Agent Orange