VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% disabled filed for ssdi

Rate this question

Beavercat

Question

Hi. I am 100% disabled from the Army. Non p&t, but I've been disabled for almost 8 years now. I filed for social security August 2019. I am still on the initial phase and I just had my psych eval. I tried working at the post office, but I ended up getting fired for not being able to properly deliver parcels on several occasions. I have been on and off work every other 6 months or so. I went back to school, but failed my classes after graduating community College. I'm 29, and employed making about 700$ a month. My condition is psychosis schizophreniform 100%, and ptsd. 

Do I have a chance?

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Beavercat I'm not sure what your question is: Do I have a chance? Have a chance at getting SSDI? Getting P&T? 

• HadIt.com Elder

Get into VA Voc Rehab,,,they will evaluate you and see if there is is any type work you can do ? including sedentary work , if they can't find you anything  usually the counselor will write a letter  declaring you unfeasible to re train at this time due to your S.C. Disability  after you get the letter   apply for the TDIU , IF OR WHEN YOUR APPROVED   YOU CAN TAKE YOUR AWARD LETTER TO THE SSA Office  and apply for your SSDI.

Remember Applying for IU is basically applying for increase     hence the P&T STATUS,

OR BEING YOUR 100% AND HAVE BEEN FOR 8 YEARS AND YOUR CONDITION HAS STAYED THE SAME   THEN APPLY FOR THE P & T Status.

OR SIMPLY TAKE YOUR 100% AWARD LETTER TO THE SSA Office and apply for the SSDI. (JMO)

• HadIt.com Elder

ALSO WELCOME TO HADIT BROTHER

And if you have any secondary conditions caused or related to your present condition  file for them too,

conditions that medications you take will cause it or related to it  like Sleep Apnea/Depression/ or others ect,,,ect,,,

Explore the possibilities! 

Unlike VA, SSDI is for individuals that cannot work. It is possible that SSA may grant your claim, but it may happen that they may deny your claim since you are currently working. The SSA may grant your claim based on your low income but this is all pure speculation (guessing). The VA for some strange reason thinks PTSD and some mental health patients can be cured but, in all actuality, you may suffer from some form of depression for the rest of your life. Have you discussed your work ability with your mental health doctor? If he/she agrees that you should not work, then try to have him/her write it in your treatment notes. As stated, before the thing that may cause a glitch is the fact that you are currently working. When you failed your classes, were you in the Voc Rehab Program and did they give you a feasibility letter that you are not likely to be able to be trained or return to go back to work. What is your service connected ratings? 

Edited by pacmanx1