VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help with request

Rate this question

Hippiesix

Question

Hello all, I currently have 20% VA disability I submitted a new claim for a TBI I received on active duty, I logged in today and had a request 1, and request 4. It said 4 was optional, request one states: “We are requesting your service treatment records from the service department. You do not need to contact the service department yourself. If you have your service treatment records already in your possession, please submit a copy of them to us.” all of my treatments were done either at a military hospital mainly Landsthul or with the VA, and I submitted all of those documents when when I done my claim, do I need to send them all again? Thanks in advance 

No- The reason they are sending you that is because on the Federal side many of the National Records repositories are not open, or only open on a skeleton crew. They deal in physical records, they can't pull things remotely for security reasons. It making relatively simple things take weeks and months thanks to Covid. To speed things up, or, at least remind you that we didnt forget about you, we kick out that letter after a few unanswered requests from the National Records people or the Service hospitals, in case you have anything you didnt already send, or if you came across something additional that will help. Then we can use that instead of waiting for the normally Congressionally required response from the federal records custodians. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I AGREE WITH BROKENSOLIDER

NO ,YOU DON'T NEED TO RESEND THEM WHAT YOU ALREADY SENT THEM, THE REASON THEY WAN'T MORE RECORDS IS BECAUSE MAYBE THEY NEED MORE INFORMATON ON YOUR CONDITION  OR  MORE EVIDENCE TO HELP SUBSTANTIATE YOUR CLAIM

iF YOU HAVE NO MORE RECORDS OTHER THAN THE ONES YOU ALREADY SENT THEM..YOUR JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS   THEY MAY SEND YOU TO A C&P Exam  IF THEY DO  THAT IS USUALLY A GOOD SIGN  THE EXAMINNER CAN LOOK AT YOUR RECORDS AND ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS  AND JUST GO FROM THERE.

With all due respect, I recommend you "send em again"?  

Why?  Well, do you want to wait for your claim "until some date in the future, which no one knows", when NPR and the like are back up to full speed after Covid?

I dont want to wait that long, so that VA can "neatly" only have "1" copy in your cfile.  

Over the years, the answer to that question is always, "send it again".  

I can not tell you how many times VA has lost my dependent information..and how many times I have resent it.  I sent it with my initial app (yes, I have a copy!).

I sent it again in 2004, and again in 2007, 2009, 2014.  (In 2014, my dependents claim made it to CAVC.)  

Guess what?  Even after all this, VA does not have my dependent information (even tho it shows up in ebenefits) and they wont pay my sons "college age" until I send it again. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure this veteran was denied  but I can understand his concern as to what the reviewer mention.as for as letting him know they have sent for his STR's  but if he has Additional Records that would help substantiate his claim please send them in to them   as  this Veteran mention he has already sent  his records in to them  and hopefull he has copies put away in a safe place.

The dependents come after he is adjudicated/service connected  for  his condition,  I don't think they ask for our dependents  Information until we win our claim/or increase  in this case his New TBI Claim  this information they already should have being he is 20% service connected...  

They sent me a letter asking for information on my dependents/and my Finance/Bank I use for direct deposit transfer # after I was Adjudicated.

Sending in Unnecessary records only fills the C-file up  being they are put in our C-file. (every thing we send the VA is placed in our C-file  or suppose be )

..I have nurmouse records in my C-file FROM SENDING UNNECESSARY RECORDS to them.  and if you ever need to read your C-file to find something very important sure makes it that much harder to find it   with so many duplicates That I sent in Unnecessary.

Every Veterans claims are going to be different from other Veterans or what has happened to other Veterans  its unfortunate  things like this happens  but that's just the VA and were All use to it  but the new Veteran is not.

Edited by Buck52