VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Did you get a bogus C & P exam?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have posted this info here many times but it I almost impossible to find under a search-

If you get a bogus C & P exam, you can request a better exam.

By "Bogus" I mean:

Was the examiner, when you googled their name, not qualified to do the type of exam you got?

For example a male vet here with a leg disability- maybe PAD, got a negative C & P exam done by a Gynecologist.

A few years ago I got a C & P exam ,I think regarding my husband's HBP. and the examiner stated it was an "in person" exam. By then my husband had been dead for over 20 years. The issue was resolved under CUE, because of other evidence.Claim denied, three weeks later awarded.

Also, if the examiner did not have your records ( I got a C & P exam thrown out due to that crap) or if the examiner had your records but obviously did not take the time to read them properly, you can request a better exam pointing out their errors ad what the examiner overlooked.

Another C & P result I got long ago, had the name of the doctor in the decision ( they dont put there names in decisions anymore) and after I called the doctor, both he and I realised the most important evidence I had , was deliberately withheld from him-- an autopsy.-That caused a denial of my 1151 DIC claim.

Within a short period of time I received a FTCA award for wrngful death and sent it to my VARO and the y denied again by refusing this time to consider the info from the General COunsel.I made a quick hone call to the OGC, and then received a copy of a letter the OGC sent to the VARO prdering them to award the 1151 claim. The award came soon there after.

The Regional COunsel of the VA wanted to settle with me a few months after getting my SF 95 under FTCA. He had received a VA Peer Review that suported all of my charges.The RC, the reviewer, and even the Peer review disappeared from the VA and I had to start all over again with the OGC in DC.

I had so much evidence od malpractice by then, that  I didnt need that positive VA review, but it's disappearance caused my FTCA case to take  about 2 years longer.

I found the "non existent " per OLMA ( VA Office of egal and Medical)6 page review ----at the very bottom of my C file years later and I used it in 2010 for my AO IHD death claim.

The only C & P examiner I ever needed an IMO for was an Endocrinologist. It was a diabetes claim, so she was the right type of opiner to use.

But I sent Dr Bash (my IMO doctor) the medical errors she had made in two separate opinions on my diabetes death claim, and he stated in one of the IMOs how her opinion was medically "inaccurate." ( I would have used the word ridiculous-maybe I did on appeal, as it was ridiculous as well as medically inaccurate)

If you feel you have a strong basis to request a new C & P exam,you should try to do that without even waiting for a denial that you might well need to expect.

The C & P exam controls the outcome of most of our claims.

1.VES Phone 1-877-637-8387;  https://www.vesservices.com/?page_id=37

Veterans Evaluation Services

PO Box 924089

Houston, Texas 77292

2.LHI Logistics Health, Inc.

328 Front Street- South

La Crosse, Wi 54601

https://logisticshealth.com/our-company.aspx

mailto:information@logisticshealth.com

3.QTC Quality ,Timeliness, Customer Ser

Contact info here:

https://www.qtcm.com/about-us/contact-us/

4. White House Veterans Hot Line:

855-948-2311-if that number is still in service

Some Veterans here have taking steps to get a new and proper C & P exam.I hope they chime in.

A bad C & P exam will force a denial and many exams can be corrected by taking swift steps.

As a widow of a SC vet ,every single posthumous C & P exam the VA ever did was Wrong medically.

• HadIt.com Elder

Kanewnut Find out who the head honcho, Director, of your RO and address it to him/her. They don't like to be single out on a problem.

Right!

if you tell us the VARO's name and where they are  I might have the director's phone and Fax #.

2 hours ago, kanewnut said:

How do you go about filing a formal complaint? Who do you send it to? 

I googled it.  I knew where the VARO main office was.  I then put ATTN: Mrs. XXXXX.  Like another poster said, they don't like to be called out by name.  You will get results.  Out line the issues, point out comparison to past C&P's, and medical records/notes.  If a C&P examiner is winging, not making sense, making stuff up, not asking questions, or being malicious, they will review it and set you up with another C&P.  This next examiner will be approaching your new C&P with due diligence.  That I can tell you. 

48 minutes ago, El Train said:

I then put ATTN: Mrs. XXXXX.  Like another poster said, they don't like to be called out by name.

So I am in Virginia. Roanoke is the VARO. The director is Robert T. Reynolds. Is this who I should be sending it to? 

As of May 2020:

Director Robert T. Reynolds- Roanoke VARO

email   rob.reynolds@va.gov

phone   540 597 1121

fax          540 597 1785

VSCM Roanoke VARO

William R. Barksdale III 

phone 540-597 1151

no email available