VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

covid vaccine/When will they start giving Veterans the shot?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

All I can find from the VA is this  from the VA.

''Stay informed and help us prepare''

When you sign up, we'll also ask about your interest in getting a vaccine when one is available to you. By sharing your interest, you can help us better prepare as we work to offer vaccines to more Veterans.

Note: You don’t need to sign up to get a vaccine.''????

Sign up to stay informed   what do they mean sign up?  were all already sign up????

i Realize the health personnel needs to get the vaccine first and foremost but seems this is taking way to long .

(if the vaccines are available?)

All us old vets  OVER 65 need to get this vaccine ASAP.

Anybody heard anything???

Hi,

My husband and I got ours Friday.  I happened to be there and asked what they status was and they said to call in to the hospital and ask for a covid vaccine appt.  I did and they forwarded me to someone who was making the appointments.  It only took us three days to get in and following the shot they scheduled us for the second one.  We are in Biloxi, but try calling your VA  They may actually be giving them.

"sign up" means.....give the site your email.....and the VA will inform you of any updates to vaccines.  Here in Madison my primary VA is supposed to call or email me about when its my time.  Our VA Hospital here said ITS policy is all health care workers there.  Then, vets over 74.....then vets 65-74.

Call YOUR VA to see what their plans are.  every hospital will be a little different I suspect based on availability of vaccine.

Meantime........I'm 71...your 65....we didn't live this long cuz we're high stress!  Chilll out a little and trust the system.  If you continue to worry.....call your VA primary nurse/dr and see what they say the plans are.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 68 fixing to be 69  and not to good of health catch flu and colds very easy  and wife catches the flu and pneumonia     eazy  some times double pneumonia 

I will call my VA but I kinda think what they will say   ''wait until you get a appointment letter to come in and get the coronavirus vaccine injection.

I am not sure how they know our age and what kind of health were in? maybe my PCP knows?  I certainly hope she knows.

she is not all that friendly when I go see her   which she canceled my last appointment with her for A 6 MONTH CHECK UP DUE TO THE COVID.

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck Send a message on secure messaging and ask when you will get it. I'd put in there you are rated 100% plus major issues, like heart condition, diabetes, etc. Regarding the PuC you have, I don't know how big the VA health Center is, but you can always request a new doc you know. BUT, the devil you know may be better than the devil you don't!