VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where in my C-file are my SSA records?

Rate this question

kanewnut

Question

I was trying to find my SSA records but so far I haven't. There are over 5,000 pages in this version. I have tried several searches, but to no avail. I have searched for the individual whose records where mixed up with mine but so far can't find those either. Since I should have at least been awarded TDIU back to the time SSA found me unable to work, based solely on service connected conditions, this is important to my claim.

There are lots of new military records. Lots of names blacked out. I guess the VA doesn't want us looking up any of them.  

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think what pacmanx1 is referring to is

THE Adobe Pro Reader program  with word search is pretty good finding things in our C-file CD Disk   if he has that  he should be able to type in at the top  right hand side ''Social Security/Records''  or  type in what he is trying to find    word search usually can find anything in PDF FORM  its simply a word search program. 

I use it and it works good for me.  my problem is  the VA lost some of my records and they are not in my C-file   like when  it takes more than one page   like when I filed for IU  i can find the first page to this application  but the second page is missing  and that has the date on it I need....like Kaneanut I am wanting a better EED.

if the page is not in the CD Disk C-File   then of course it won't be found.   The only other way to find his SSA records is to contact the SSA.  IF THE VA DON'T HAVE THEM  OR HE NEVER AGREED TO SHARE HIS RECORDS WITH THE VA.

(JMO)

Edited by Buck52

If the VA is aware of SSA records ( SSDI award solely for same SC disability,) as Buck said they need an authorization form to obtain them.

Then they have to list them as Evidence on the decision, and give a rationale as to why they were or were not used regarding you claim.

If the VA has probative evidence ( with proof of receipt) such as SSDI records, and they ignore them ( been there with VA on that crap) they have violated 38 CFR 4.6 then you have basis for a CUE claim.

You will need the decision that should have awarded TDIU with a proper EED.

VA will need a copy of that decision as well.

I already have mentioned here over the years what VA did regarding my husband's SSDI awards.

I explained why he had two separate findings and I described the cluster ---- VA perpetrated in order to deny his claim.

Their attempt did not work-but it was a ridiculous hassle they put me through because I had to assume his claims after he died. I was on the phone with SSA in Baltimore for quite some time- and learned VA had Never even requested his records.I raised hell with the VARO and they did they  immediately request the records and both SSDI awards involved a proper 1151 finding and also a 100& P & T SC award for PTSD with a very favorable EED. If this had been properly done in my husbands lifetime, he could have gotten his PTSD claim resolved before he died. 

My husband's greatest fear the last few months of his life, was that the VA would make my life miserable,if he died and if I continued the 2 pending claims, but he made me promise I would continue them.

Miserable--- yes it was--but he won those claims and was dead by then and never knew it.

Make sure ,Everyone, your spouse is up to speed on the internet and has your hadit password, otherwise if you die - their claims will probably be doomed.

As a widow long ago  I had two vet orgs repping me until I realized they didn't have a clue.

They didnt even now what the REPS benefit was and some had never even heard of Nehmer by 1998.

Everything a surviving spouse needs to know about survivor benefits is here in the DIC forum.

Nehmer survivors claims are explained in the Agent Orange forum.

Edited by Berta
typo error

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I think what pacmanx1 is referring to is

THE Adobe Pro Reader program  with word search is pretty good finding things in our C-file CD Disk   if he has that  he should be able to type in at the top  right hand side ''Social Security/Records''  or  type in what he is trying to find    word search usually can find anything in PDF FORM  its simply a word search program. 

Buck what I am referring to is something like Adobe Pro Reader Program but it is a little different and it is free. It is called Adobe Acrobat Reader DC it reads all my documents on my CD C-File and as I stated in another post I can download any VA fillable form and created a new document which I can view, fill, update, save and or print. It's like word but it does not open up in word it opens up as Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I have used this program for years. I fully understand that you have to have the right program to work but just because you do not know of a program does not mean it does not work.  This program is a little sensitive it will not find multiple words but it will find single words that is why I suggested to original poster to type in a single word to see if it works but if the original poster does not have this program then I cannot help. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that pacmanx1

Most word search programs only find something just by typing in only one word  but socialsecurityrecords'' run all together I guess its one word to this program.  but I certainly understand what you mean here.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have no social security records in my C-file  what so ever  Maybe because I never agreed to share them  with the VA?

I ONLY HAVE WHAT THE VA HAS PUT IN MY  CD DISK C-FILE

10 hours ago, Buck52 said:

IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER VETERANS RECORDS MIXED UP WITH YOURS  IN YOUR C-FILE

Buck, why do you keep shouting? Do you not realize that all caps is shouting? 

The M21-1 has procedures for the VA to make corrections when records are found in another vets file. This issue with my SSA records has been going on since 2007. The VA had a partial copy of my SSA records in my last C-File from 2016. I am wanting to see now what they are looking at. Several decisions have SSA records in the evidence section, but that doesn't tell me what they are looking at.