VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Covid 19 Vaccine (Moderna) TODAY.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I got the Corona Virus Vaccine today! (at my VAMC)  (I went for dental work).  

No, I can not promise all VAMC's, or even my VAMC will vaccinate you also.  I dont know how many doses they have. 

I have to have another dose Feb. 16.  So far, no problems.  No reaction.

The nurse said, "It may make my arm sore a few days", or even some aches and pains.  

I barely felt the needle go in, and had to ask her if it was done.  

I "think" the reason I got it, might be showing up at the right time.  (Im 68 years old).  

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

That's great broncovet, were still awaiting for the shot  so for nothing about it here in Dallas  at my VAMC.....I Instant message my VA PCP about it or if she knew when it might be  I am 68 almost 69  and my Immune system is weak  due to my pernicious Anemia.  

People are dropping like fly's here (died) they were 45 deaths just yesterday alone Ft Worth  (Tarrant County)  (in one day) from the covid.

I've come down with a little fever and sore throte ( horse voice)  been taking Extra Strength  Tylenol and gargle with warm salt water  that seems to help  but I still have a good apatite.

They are still working on the 75 and up.  If they have left over in the late afternoon they offer to anyone.  I was offered and declined but have decided after I researched >65 yrs at high risk I think it’s as safe as I can expect it’s the Moderna in Tampa.   

They actually walked around the clinic looking for people to take the vaccine, they had 5 doses left over.

I believe they are giving it at all VA’s they did announce they are working on 75+.  I didn’t know about it until I went to my clinic today that they are giving left over vaccine to anyone.  I asked my primary too about getting it via pm she never said anything about left over vaccine going to anyone so they don’t have to waste it.

worth a try to investigate if yours is doing the same.

Edited by ruby
Added more info

• HadIt.com Elder

Problem with my VA  they won't let you in unless you have a scheduled appointment.  grrrr

we just can't walk in like we use to , they have about 5 to 6 people at the entrance's they stop you ask to see your VA ID-Card  and why your there?  if you don't have an appointment they turn you away. AND  VA SECURITY POLICE IS STANDING AROUND.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ii REALLY THINK THEY NEED TO VACCINATE THE VETERANS SPOUSE ALSO...Especially vets with small children.

what good would it do to just vaccinate the Veteran and not his spouse?

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck Now there you go again. You're using logic. We are talking about the VA here. What makes sense does not apply!

My spouse is going in today.  No she does not have an appointment, they are taking "walk ins" at my VAMC.  We dont know if she will get it or not.  I told her to "act like its a foregone conclusion she gets it".  

I spoke with about 3 different VA employees and all gave me a different story about spouse.  (Typical VA).  Most did not know, and told me to ask someone else.  Ok, I asked my wife she is "someone else" and she said its okay.  My son in law sent me some kind of "directive" by VA and it says dependents of Vets (are included).  So, Im gonna have wifey take my phone link that shows she is supposed to get it.  

As always, the teenager method applies.  You know...when mom says no, ask Dad.  When Mom and Dad say no, ask the teacher.  When mom, dad, and teacher say no, ask the principal.  You get the idea.  When VA employee A says no, ask VA employee B.  You almost always get a different answer.