VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming C&P Exam

Rate this question

Oliver

Question

I have a C&P Exam coming up. I put in a supplementary claim for Agent Orange hypothyroidism. Does anybody know if it has been added to the presumptive list. I heard it has, which is why I filed the claim. But my VSO, who filed the claim, says it's still waiting for Congress to pass it . Otherwise why would she submit the claim?? Please help, my email is richarddharrison@juno.com

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I read in VFW magazine or DAV mag. that it along with bladder cancer had been added. Maybe not officially yet, I don't know. 

3 New diseases have been added to the presumptive list for AO. Mine is hypothyroidism. My VSO informed me the VA is accepting claims but waiting for final word on what the effective date will be. I have submitted a request of records to check, but believe my earliest claim is 2014. I have submitted a supplemental claim.  I have a C&P exam coming up.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oliver hypothyroidism is usually based on the residuals after you are treated for cancer. Check out diagnostic codes 7800 and 7901. Hope you get eed back to 2014; even if rated at 10%, that would be a nice backpay payment.

GBArmy, while I appreciate your interest, neither one of those codes, 7800 and 7901 pertain to me. I have TWO pending claims. The first, AO tongue cancer with residuals, (including hypothyroidism), on appeal remand from the Veteran's court, with an attorney this time. Also, a supplemental claim for hypothyroidism, since the new law made it a presumptive AO Vietnam disease, and should be a slam dunk. In the original one, I was treated for the cancer, but I'm asking for 100% because VA Dental will not do the extensive work I need without it. I have a C&P coming up and hope for at least enough to bump my 60% to 100% between the two claims. My diagnostic code is 7903.

Unfortunately AO Tongue cancer is not  presumptive AO disability-

and of the 343 claims for this disability , very few have succeeded.

BUT ( I regret I am having PC problems due to the weather-

https://www.va.gov/vetapp19/files6/19147591.txt

In this case the veteran  was a Vietnam incountry veteran but was denied and then re opened his claim with 2 excellent IMO/IMEs and at least one of the IMO IME doctorsgave him an addendum opinion as well.

NOTHING is impossible with the VA, but it can take a lot of work and often costy but strong IMO/IMEs.

I read many of the denials for thi diability and oe vet had two IMOs that did not conform at all to the IMO/IE criteria here at hadit...

Independent doctors doing an IMO/IME for a veteran must never use words like' possibly' or ', 'maybe' and ifthey agree with the premise of the claim, they should be able to give a strong rationale for their medical opinion.

The IMO/IME criteria is here in our IMO/IME forum. 

"CONCLUSIONS OF LAW

1. New and material evidence has been received to reopen a claim for service connection for tongue cancer.  38 U.S.C. §§ 5108, 7104; 38 C.F.R. § 3.156.

2. The criteria for serviCONCLUSIONS OF LAW

1. New and material evidence has been received to reopen a claim for service connection for tongue cancer.  38 U.S.C. §§ 5108, 7104; 38 C.F.R. § 3.156.

2. The criteria for service connection for tongue cancer, including residuals, are met.  38 U.S.C. §§ 1101, 1110, 1112, 1113; 38 C.F.R. §§ 3.303, 3.307, 3.309.

ce connection for tongue cancer, including res
iduals, are met.  38 U.S.C. §§ 1101, 1110, 1112, 1113; 38 C.F.R. §§ 3.303, 3.307, 3.309.