VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Doctor sentenced for 20 years for malpractice

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Fayetteville Doctor Sentenced To 20 Years In Federal Prison For Mail Fraud And Involuntary Manslaughter | USAO-WDAR | Department of Justi

This is one of many posts I wrote here on this terrible situation

https://community.hadit.com/topic/72173-fayetteville-va-anyone-here-who-gets-a-letter-from-va-on-this/

I think he killed 7 veterans but have not had time to check-----he also caused harm to some veterans who are sill alive ( I hope)

One of them ( we radio show members believe that our great radio technician for many years ( Mike "STretch" Sasser) ,was one of them.

His widow did meet with a lawyer who I had contacted, to see if he had heard if this when the news first came out-and the lawyer, with many other lawyers,were at the Town Hall meetings when the VA had to reveal what had happened. 

I know Mike's widow spoke to the lawyer and might have filed FTCA, but I heard she chose not to-or maybe she didn't want anyone to know she did file FTCA.

People come out of the woodwork when they hear a widow has a lawsuit against the VA.

Edited by Berta
added more

1 answer to this question

This is a recent case as well:

Former Veterans Affairs Doctor Sentenced to Prison for Sexual Abuse of Veterans

In part:

A former doctor of osteopathic medicine who previously worked at the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Beckley, West Virginia, was sentenced today for depriving veterans of their civil rights under color of law by sexually abusing them.

U.S. District Judge Frank W. Volk sentenced Jonathan Yates, 52, of Bluefield, Virginia, to 300 months in prison and three years of supervised release, announced Deputy Assistant Attorney General Gregory B. Friel of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, U.S. Attorney Michael B. Stuart of the Southern District of West Virginia, Special Agent in Charge Michael A. Christman of the Pittsburgh Division of the FBI, and VA Inspector General Michael J. Missal."

More at Former Veterans Affairs Doctor Sentenced to Prison for Sexual Abuse of Veterans | OPA | Department of Justice