VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well I got my cavc remand

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

Upon consideration of the foregoing, the portion of the January 30, 2020, Board decision
finding that Mr October 2018 NOD did not encompass that portion of the July 5, 2018,
rating decision granting a 70% evaluation, but no higher, for a psychiatric disorder is REVERSED
and the matter is REMANDED for further adjudication; the portions of the January 30, 2020,
Board decision denying an effective date before May 9, 2018, for the grant of SMC and entitlement
to SMC in excess of the housebound rate, from May 9 to July 17, 2018, and at the aid-and-
attendance rate from that point are SET ASIDE and the matters are REMANDED for further
development, if necessary, and readjudication consistent with this decision; and the balance of the appeal is dismiss

I will post whole decision soon thank everyone for listening to my venting

the fight go on but at least they got take it serious now I hope smh

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Congratulations on your "win".  In my knowledge, this is the first Pro Se win at the cavc Im aware of.  Im sure its not the FIRST, but its the first Im aware of.  

I think I can call my CAVC pro se visit a "win", even tho my writ of mandamus was denied.  

It was a "win" because, the judge required the VARO to "respond" to my complaint, and they basically promised to fix (my complaint) in their response.  

About 2 months after my writ was denied, low and behold, I received a decision from VARO granting 100 percent P and T.  Suprise suprise.  So, I "lost" my writ, but won my benefits.  I call that a win.  

4 hours ago, Mr cue said:

Yea I get the remand but the reversal and the sit a side I am loss a little. 

I just hope it go back to ro not appeal management get tried of fight these ppl

Congratulations! 

When my claim was remanded from the CAVC, it went to BVA where they granted it, but it had to go back to the VARO where they low balled my rating percentage. I had to file a new appeal just to get my correct effective date. After the BVA corrected my effective date the VARO refused to correct my rating percentage, so my claim had to go back to BVA, and I am now waiting for my new decision. It added about another nine years and counting, and I am still waiting for my final decision. Since the BVA granted my effective date and this claim has been in continued pursuit since granting, so what's the point of not granting my correct rating percentage. Sounds like a vindictive retaliation forcing me(the veteran) to wait even longer for my benefits, just because I won my decision. I had no new evidence, the evidence was determined by BVA to be always in my C-File since 1998.