VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tremor presumtive

Rate this question

SPO

Question

I have had hand tremors for a few years now (i don't remember exactly when they started).  I was recently told by a doctor to see a neurologist, which I did last month.  I was told that she believes they are physiologic tremor.  With no known history tremors in my family and no abnormalities in my blood work, I am curious if this is a condition that I could apply for as presumptive to service in the gulf war? I did 3 deployments to Iraq (2005,2006, 2007), I am also already presumptively service for IBS from gulf war service.  Has anyone had experience with this?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

SPO I don't know if it would be connected to Gulf War, or maybe a better s-c would be neurological link to a MH condition. If you don't have a MH disability, you might want to explore that. Your rated at 90%; where exactly do you fall? What would a 30% rating do for you and would it be likely do to your current conditions. It's a tough climb after you get to 90% combined, as you know, but if you are really 92 or higher, it might be doable. Gulf War syndrome is 80% denial rate; IMHO don't go there unless there is nothing else to do and then you need a killer nexus letter/dbq.

You can apply and find out.  Since they indicated its "psychologic", this suggests PTSD/MDD/or other mental health disability.  

Have you been diagnosed with PTSD?  Have you sought treatment?  

PTSD is "not unusual" when you are deployed to IRAQ.  

When you are in "a war zone", just being there, knowing you could be shot at, killed, or an IED, may be enough as a "stressor".  

Or, if you have had comrades killed or severly injured, then that could well lead to PTSD.  

To get PTSD you would need a PTSD diagnosis (from VA mental health) a stressor from service, and a link between your stressor and your PTSD.  

Being in a war zone is almost a presumptive.  Again, knowing you could be shot at killed,or whatever could well be a stressor.