VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed for Hearing loss

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Tinnitus they said 10% due to my TBI. But I wore these bad boys in Afghanistan and in the states upon my return in 2009/2010 and we know by the 3M lawsuit it could have definitely been the cause. But I didnt think hearing loss was something they rate just tinnitus, just want to know if there’s something else that they will rate and not attribute it to my TBI but possibly anything else other then my TBI? The two at the bottom are what there rated under 

C863CD8D-09B6-488A-AB80-A78FA213059D.jpeg

F5F545DD-61EA-4CD8-A32F-5580158E6045.jpeg

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder
9 hours ago, jfrei said:

So I’m rated 30% for dizziness and lightheaded ness and 10% for tinnitus. Being that the doctor said I have a mild hearing loss and spoke with me about hearing aids and that the VA would cover them I’m assuming SC especially when he pulled out his hearing aids and said you can’t even tell but you gotta ask your va hospital if your rates high enough they’ll cover the costs and then he saw 100% tbi residuals and was I’m writing up the report, and then logged into today and can’t see if claims closed or my disability list. Never a bad sign had claim closed and no changes usually not good but my list is super long all like to my service this would make 11..,

Did the Dr's say why you have dizziness? light headedness?

You can request hearing aids. They test your hearing and see how bad it is  rathe or not it meets the criteria for hearing loss compensation  you can still get hearing aids  from the VA..

THEY DO THE TEST THEN THEY MOLD YOUR EAR CANLALS  AND SEND IN THE MOLDS AND THEY MAKE YOUR HEARING AIDS TO FIT YHE MOLD OF THE INSIDE OF YOUR EAR CANALS. WHEN THEY COME IN ,THE VA HEARING  CLINC OR THE ENT CLINIC WILL CALL YOU IN TO BE FITTED AND AJUST YOUR NEW HEARING AIDS.  USUALLY BHE AIDS  (BEHIND THE EAR) AIDS.  YOU CAN PICK OUT THE BRAND AND STYLE YOU WANT.  THESE HEARING AIDS ARE EXPENSIVE IF YOU HAD TO PURCHASE THEM , BUT VA USES GOOD QUAILITY HEARING AID COMPANYS  ABOUT 7 OR 8 DIFFERENT COMPANY'S.

Edited by Buck52

It’s rated under the hearing code but secondary to my sTBI. So my one kid naps like right now , other kids in kindergarten,I found out this trick since the VA.gov doesn’t specify how exactly where in the last stage exactly I am at.... so ebennies was always better when you wanted more information but you had to find soo if you log into your account and under the compensation tab it says payment info is now on va.gov but from the page you click the drop down menu to disability list and it’s still shows your rated disabilities. At the bottom it lists your open claims and you can actually see where it’s at Mines now pending decision approval so any day now..... hoping this save people questions to get an update on t there status 

FDC8F260-0F63-434E-9C7D-EB9AAB654372.png

44CC6D90-1911-4C2C-9F52-2BDE415F7627.png

96BF014F-C3B5-402A-B3EB-7D69F44597BD.png

ADB119F0-D366-44F8-BB7E-0DAD7AF2C8D6.png

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

They can rate your hearing loss to be secondary from your TBI but the Dr will need to nexus that  hearing loss to your TBI....Usually loud sudden noise  that induced your hearing loss...damage to ear drums  ect,,,ect,,

but IF Your at 100% they won't be any more compensation to rate  although they will give you a degree in your hearing loss  but if you can hear at all it will only be a 10% rating maybe 50%  but to get any SMC  your hearing loss will need to be severely profound and more than a 50% rating 

I don't think they have a 60% rating for hearing loss ?  so unless your completely deaf  there is not going to be any more compensation for you with hearing loss...only if you become completely Deaf.

being deal will not likely kill you.

you can get your hearing loss  service connected  but its likely not going to cause your death.

I’ve noticed it closed already no point in waiting for the letter ebenefits has it listed bilateral hearing lose not service connected 10% for tinnitus and 30% dizziness and lightheadedness rated for my ears but I’m guessing the doctor when we were doing the repeat words said I was taking to long to repeat the word back but he opined it was my tbi residuals so I’m assuming they denied it because I already have three connected to my tbi already for 50 30 and 10.... this is my last new claim it’s super Quick these days but I just wanted my hearing checked and I figured might try and see They connect but he say it was mild but my searching for words due to my Tbi making it worse. Not sure why they wouldn’t just lump it in as a symptom of my tbi like they did with my PTSD and Sleep apnea/disturbances short term memory loss and lapses... but i don’t need to fight it he completely honest I’m sure and I didn’t go in and start playing battleships with the buzzer lol dx mild hearing impairment not far away enough dealing with my age I’m assuming the denial will say at 35 mild deafness is ok he said i can go get hearing aids least then I can turn them off And not hear the kids complaining and or wife I’m deaf go get check Out..

I’m at 10 different service connected disabilities not sure if That’s allot, I can say claims are operating at warp speed these days curious to see how appeals move or if a higher review would work the doctor didn’t even 

Edited by jfrei