VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES, LHI, & QTC

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Is there a number or email (preferably) for VES, QTC, or LHI.

The issue involves C&P exams performed by the contractors, but exams hasn't been forwarded by the company.

Veteran had a C&P exam with VES on 1/12/21 for back condition (thoracic sprain syndrome).

He called PEGGY, however they didn't see the uploaded exam.

VES is unvailable due to the power outages across Texas. He gets a message and extreme wait time on the phone.

I searched the issue and saw comments about exams being forwarded but not uploaded by the VA.

In addition, some members had conflicting statements about VES forwarding exam and Peggy stating the information hadn't been received.

Are the contracting C&P examiners mandated to forward the exam in a set period of time?

Is there a email option to inquire if an exam has been completed and forwarded to the VA?

ALL REPLIES ARE WELCOMED.

1 minute ago, Fat said:

I appreciate the information BrokenSoldier244.

Making sure I understand you right.

A VSO has the ability to see a C&P exam in the system.

However,  Peggy might not be able to see the exam with their access level.

Exactly. They never have been able to. My background check was more extensive than theirs. They can give general info, and take messages on a 21-0820 report of contact that gets uploaded to your Efolder. That triggers your file to come down to one of us because of 'new documents added', so we have to look at it to see whats up, and then go from there. But, no, phone/PEGGY people can't see much of your file. VSO's IF they are your registered POA, can see VBMS. You can't just walk into a VSO office and have them look something up, though. They have to be your POA on file (form VA 21-22)

CAS

I fully understand.

So PEGGY sends a message everytime you call 1-800-827-1000?

I can see if you request a specific action.

If its everytime, that's a lot of paperwork overall .

GEEZ................

Question for (brokensoldier244) for your management people why can’t they sent your C&P exam with your decision letter so you don’t have to go through the(bullshit) of the RO and wait weeks for months. If it’s good or bad you still have to appeal it, or that is to hard for them to do. 

The send you the evidence of findings used from the C&P in the decision letter. The rest has to do with release of information. If you want the files we have, just like any other doctors office or public agency, you have to do a release of information request. Most of those laws are state and federal, its not like VA has their own personal bone to pick with releasing records to you. The denial says exactly what was used to deny- if you disagree with it, you appeal. Ive been getting mine (up until 4-5 years ago when I stopped filing) from MyHealthVet under "Download". The VAMC C&Ps are there as part of your regular medical. No bullshit required, just log on and print. Some of my prior contracted exams, and even some of my private doctors notes show up in there, too, but I have mine set to share information.