VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD increase decision 2 days after evaluation/was evaluation required/when does the rating update after decision letter sent

Rate this question

DSIG

Question

Hello again.  I'm posting this to a new thread although its related to a post of two days ago. 

I just had my C&P exam on 16 Feb for a PTSD increase.    Based on my claim status online which I just checked this morning, 18 Feb, the VA sent a decision letter and closed the claim.  Is it possible for the VA to reach a decision this quickly after an evaluation?  This claim was submitted as a fully developed claim and the only other evidence I had in my file was a DBQ and narrative or nexus letter prepared by my treating doctor of 11 years. 

I'm enclosing a screenshot of a status that I asked the VA about twice and received two different answers.  I asked them if an exam was required. The status on the screenshot says no longer needed. In one call the VA said it was not required.  In another call they said it was required and provided me LHI's contact information.   The exam was scheduled and conducted through LHI.    

Has anyone dealt with this type of inconsistency?  Is it possible the VA made a decision without this evaluation considering how fast a decision letter was sent after the evaluation.  Or do you think the evaluation was considered in their decision?

I contacted the VA this morning and the rep said he cannot discuss the contents of the decision but confirmed that an exam notification was sent out back in January.  I also asked him how long it takes ebenefits to show the new rating if the decision is for an increase.  He confirmed for me my rating he sees now but this rating is my current rating.   How long does ebenefits take to update a rating that may have increased after a decision letter was sent?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.03.39 AM.png

That seems odd to me-----but maybe the C & P exam confirmed what other evidence you had sent,and VA could make the decision fast.

On the 5103 waiver....I mentioned this before-

I think it  pays to briefly list and date the evidence they should already have received from you.

We don't update Ebenfits. Ebenefits is its own thing, and it only scrapes data from your Efolder plus its in the middle of transitioning to VA.Gov. phone reps can't discuss results because they can't see all of your Efolder, they are not held to the same privacy standards that we are. 

As for the exam needed or not needed, that can be fluid. One of us created the exam, and then as the claim worked forward at some point a Quality review person or a rater looked at it (or the VSR asked a question) as was told the exam wasn't needed. It happens, and it depends on when you called the first time and the 2nd time. Same as above- VSRs and above are NOT updating Ebenefits. We never even see it. IT is not your Efolder/Cfile. 

Yes, its also possible that your claim had enough in it to make a decision where an exam was not required. Its not an inconsistency or an error. We aren't always required to schedule an exam. If you are combat verified for example, your PTSD may have been conceded. 

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and comments. Maybe the VA is getting better with turning around a decision after a C&P exam. I still don’t believe the evaluation was submitted so quickly unless the examiner has a hard 24 hour suspense to turn it in.

My rating in ebenefits is at 70% with an effective date of 2012 based on the initial rating. Shouldn’t that effective date change if the VA decided for an increase? Or if my rating stays the same and the claim doesn’t move the needle will the effective day be updated or just stay at 2012?

I’ve seen them done the same day. I had one today, actually. 

VA has been slowly getting better for the last 10 yrs or so, not that some would notice. it’s too easy to just throw up a website as a lawyer and convince people to sue all day, regardless of whether or not it’s really warranted. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th