VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Historic Audit?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone know how to file for a historic Audit?

For possible E.E.D.

I realize there are no claim forms to file because this is not a claim  its a check on retro paid back in 2003..from 1998..to 2000  & 2000  to 2003  at 50%   and 100% paid from 2003 back to 2002.

or from 2003  back to 1998.

I want to see if they paid me correctly?

Do we just call our R.O.  or Call the R.O. Finance Office?

or is there a particular Address for this?

Anyone Known for sure  and how does this process work?

what to expect?

Anybody Know?

Thanks In Advance.

You can send an IRIS, or you can do it on a 21-4138. There isn't a specific form for that, they come in and we refer them over to financial

I sent mine to the FINANCE OFFICE at the VARO, per Berta's instructions.  Mine was done in 2 weeks, and I got a nice deposit.  Since yours involves a longer period of time, it may take longer.  

I also had POA with a "NATIONAL" VSO...AT MY VARO.   

So I sent him an email.  Since he was familiar with audits, he even knew WHO in the VARO to contact.  (Big help).  

Dont expect your local VSO to know that.  To find out who your national VSO is:

Contact your VARO.  ASK to see your file.  They will direct you to your VSO.  Do you have the phone number of the national VSO for your VARO?

If you call DAV ask them if they are "National" VSO.  If not, ask them if they can give you the phone number, you need a national VSO.

The difference between a local yocal and a national VSO is the difference between a nurses Aid and a Brain surgeon.  

A National VSO often prepares briefs, and fields hundreds of calls a day.  A local yocal may talk to 4 Vets a day, and has no idea how to prepare a brief for your appeal.  

With a national VSO, you can "come close" to an attorney representation.  If you look at the BVA chairmans report, you will see that the "county" VSO's have the lowest "Win" rate.  Why?  Because they know less.  County VSO's, in my county are trained by other county VSO's who have no idea what they are doing.  

NATIONAL. VSO's must undergo REAL training, and are often "In your VARO building" and have contact with VA to keep updated and sharp.

That is my advice, take it or leave it.  I found all this out by LUCK and when I understood my local VSO's had no idea what they were doing.  I had an attorney with a POA, and could not get them off POA.  So, I decided to give my POA to a VSO "to get the attorney off".  And, I did not want to deal with my local VSO office.  I already knew, for sure, they fouled up my claim big time.  I reasoned someone with more experience would know more.  

Well, the national VSO's have much experience.  Its sort of like the NFL, they pick the best and offer them a job at the VARO to train them for national VSO.  

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet,

I am not sure if I have a National VSO? Most of my claims I represented myself ,,Although DAV is my POA.

I had a DAV -VSO go in with me at my DRO Hearing at my R.O. But that was like 18/19 years ago, I remember his Name  but doubt he is still there?

He was pretty sharp on the regulations and was A BIG HELP AT MY HEARING  BELIEVE IT OR NOT   HE WAS.  his name is (Danny Soto)

But have not used him since then , he maybe a National VSO?

I was thinking to just contact R.O. Finance Dept and request the historic Audit.

GIVE THEM MY NAME AND CLAIM # AND DATES and explain why I want the Audit  because of the dates are different dates  and if they used the wrong dates  I want that corrected  because it could lead into more retro.  and then again it may not? ect,,ect,,

Unless you actively revoked your representation by a POA with a filing of a new VA 21-22 form explicitly appointing someone else, or revoking whomever you had, its still there. Those stay on your file forever unless the POA dies or something, or folds (like Order of Purple Heart did in 2018) and even then it just reverts to whomever else in that organization takes up the claim. You are appointing the organization, not necessarily the individual. 

I.3.A.6.a.  How Representation Ends 

And onward, more than you ever wanted to know about POA representation. Basically the whole section above and below what I cited specific to revocation. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• HadIt.com Elder

Nope Danny Soto is not at my Waco Tx R.O. Anymore

He is a National VSO with the DAV.

He is at the Louisville KY  DAV as he director of the DAV .

Experience

Supervisor, National Service Office

Disabled American Veterans

Asst National Employment Dir

DAV (Disabled American Veterans)

Mar 2014 - Present7 years

DAV (Disabled American Veterans)

9 years 11 months

Asst Supervisor Phoenix, AZ

May 2009 - Nov 20101 year 7 months

Military Affairs Officer Walter Reed AMC

Sep 2004 - May 20094 years 9 months

National Service Officer

Jul 2002 - Aug 20042 years 2 months

Waco, Texas Area

You must have had him appointed as an individual on a 21-22a- those only cover individual claims, though, and once the claim is done that person is no longer POA. Individual representation- THOSE can follow the rep individually. 21-22's in general, though, are with the organization. I didn't make that clear before- apologies.