VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally got the P&T!!!

Rate this topic

10thFO

I've been TDIU, since 2004, and last year, I knew my son was coming up near college time, so I pursued filing for an increase, and to ask for P&T.  It's been a long haul, and I put it off for awhile, because, well, went through a divorce, and I helped some vets at a Vet center, and in the end, I remembered the stress of fighting with the VA, but I knew that I had to do this for my son.  The state representative tried to persuade me not to push in case I got reduced.  Told him I wasn't worried about it, as my health had gotten a lot worse.  Well as soon as he digs in, he thinks I have a CUE claim, which I think we will still have to fight.  I did get an 80% rating on the claim that they denied before as it got worse and now I have a loss of use for my left foot.  So I got a letter, that I'm now 100% and it is P&T.  Whew, I've been overwhelmed for the last week.  Now I still have a question or two.  One, my son is 16, and now eligible to be on CHAMPVA, he's been on his mother's insurance as all I had was VA before, and her insurance isn't that great since it's in a small company.  Is it possible to drop his insurance or will they make her keep it even after he gets approved for the ChampVa, I know that he's eligible for it as well as the education benefits, but his current insurance is really crappy.  Any advice or answers?  Also, not as worried about this, I'm not dead, but am P&T now due to SC.  Wife got remarried, and is now divorced again, younger than 55, is she eligible now for insurance as well as a former spouse?  The rules seem to conflict with the wording, so thought I'd ask here, cause I really don't want to ask my Service Officer, because I can foresee him blowing it off and tellilng me to be happy.  I told my ex wife I would ask, and if she was eligible I had no problem with it, but I needed to ask some people that actually knew the answer.  Anyway, I'm very grateful that I finally got what I felt I deserved for a long time.  Hope everyone is doing well.  The burden  has finally been lifted.  Woohoo.  

Edited by 10thFO
Correction

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use